Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking forward to seeing again.

I am looking forward to my cataract surgery.
Unfortunately I had a complication in the pre-check process that
prevents me from getting the full vision lens. They will only be able to
provide vision...

I have not been doing much woodworking the last few weeks as the vision
has dramatically declined, and without a job my drive to get anything
done is diminishing.

Funny when I don't have the time I get things done just slowly.
With the time I don't have the money and start conserving everything.
I get a little done daily. But not at the rate I was when I first
became unemployed. It's been a daily grind just looking for a freaking job.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hoping for the best, for you, on all counts, vision/surgery, employment and woodworking. Hang in there.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:35:43 -0400, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com
wrote:

I am looking forward to my cataract surgery.
Unfortunately I had a complication in the pre-check process that
prevents me from getting the full vision lens. They will only be able to
provide vision...

I have not been doing much woodworking the last few weeks as the vision
has dramatically declined, and without a job my drive to get anything
done is diminishing.

Funny when I don't have the time I get things done just slowly.
With the time I don't have the money and start conserving everything.
I get a little done daily. But not at the rate I was when I first
became unemployed. It's been a daily grind just looking for a freaking job.

ToS,
That 'unemployed' thing can kick the living sh!t outta you. Hang in
there and try to stay positive. Rely on your support system and keep
on networking.
I'm sure you'll have the best outcome on the cataract surgery. Enjoy
wearing those funky dark glasses!
When you're done with the recuperating, would you consider a small,
low paying job like helping a fellow NJ guy get his drum sander up and
running??
-tommy
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

What kind of drum sander. A home brew, or commercial one that needs
rehabbing?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/23/2012 8:10 PM, wrote:
Hoping for the best, for you, on all counts, vision/surgery, employment and woodworking. Hang in there.

Sonny

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote in
:

I am looking forward to my cataract surgery.
Unfortunately I had a complication in the pre-check process that
prevents me from getting the full vision lens. They will only be able
to provide vision...

I have not been doing much woodworking the last few weeks as the
vision has dramatically declined, and without a job my drive to get
anything done is diminishing.

Funny when I don't have the time I get things done just slowly.
With the time I don't have the money and start conserving everything.
I get a little done daily. But not at the rate I was when I first
became unemployed. It's been a daily grind just looking for a freaking
job.

Hang in there ToS! The vision will get dramatically better (parents had
the surgeries). The rest will come later. Are you on the other end of
208 (near 287) as I am (near 17 &4)?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
I am looking forward to my cataract surgery.
Unfortunately I had a complication in the pre-check process that prevents
me from getting the full vision lens. They will only be able to provide vision...

I have not been doing much woodworking the last few weeks as the vision
has dramatically declined, and without a job my drive to get anything done is diminishing.

Funny when I don't have the time I get things done just slowly.
With the time I don't have the money and start conserving everything.
I get a little done daily. But not at the rate I was when I first became
unemployed. It's been a daily grind just looking for a freaking job.

Keep that chin high, Bubba! You've shown enough stuff around here that it's
a good bet the damn speed bumps won't slow you down long. And good luck
with that surgery ...

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 24 Jul 2012 03:04:07 GMT, Han wrote:

[...]

Han,
Tos is off Rt 78 near PA. I'm off 208 near 287.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

ToS,
That 'unemployed' thing can kick the living sh!t outta you. Hang in
there and try to stay positive. Rely on your support system and keep
on networking.
I'm sure you'll have the best outcome on the cataract surgery. Enjoy
wearing those funky dark glasses!
When you're done with the recuperating, would you consider a small,
low paying job like helping a fellow NJ guy get his drum sander up and
running??
-tommy

What kind of drum sander. A home brew, or commercial one that needs
rehabbing?

Performax 22/44 with infeed belt alignment problems and problems with
getting the sanding strip on the drum.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/23/2012 11:04 PM, Han wrote:
[...]

No I am near Clinton.. 78 by PA..
I am 3 miles from PA.

I used to live up in your neck of the woods by Rutherford.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

ToS,
That 'unemployed' thing can kick the living sh!t outta you. Hang in
there and try to stay positive. Rely on your support system and keep
on networking.
I'm sure you'll have the best outcome on the cataract surgery. Enjoy
wearing those funky dark glasses!
When you're done with the recuperating, would you consider a small,
low paying job like helping a fellow NJ guy get his drum sander up and
running??
-tommy

What kind of drum sander. A home brew, or commercial one that needs
rehabbing?

Performax 22/44 with infeed belt alignment problems and problems with
getting the sanding strip on the drum.

I could help with that, although I have no experience with the machine,
anything mechanical is pretty basic to me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

ToS,
That 'unemployed' thing can kick the living sh!t outta you. Hang in
there and try to stay positive. Rely on your support system and keep
on networking.
I'm sure you'll have the best outcome on the cataract surgery. Enjoy
wearing those funky dark glasses!
When you're done with the recuperating, would you consider a small,
low paying job like helping a fellow NJ guy get his drum sander up and
running??
-tommy

What kind of drum sander. A home brew, or commercial one that needs
rehabbing?

Performax 22/44 with infeed belt alignment problems and problems with
getting the sanding strip on the drum.

I could help with that, although I have no experience with the machine,
anything mechanical is pretty basic to me.

I thought I saw a post or two from you referring to you owning a drum
sander. Sorry if I'm mistaken.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Performax 22/44 with infeed belt alignment problems and problems with
getting the sanding strip on the drum.

Since that posting with the Houston auction link, with the Jet drum sander, there's been 2 Jet drum sanders posted on our local Craigslist.... subsequently Gramp's Shop (Larry) mentioned he was making a drum sander, and since has posted results.

I had never seen a drum sander on our Craigslist until these 2 recent postings. The first sander apparently has been sold. The second one is a Performax 22/44, but this one doesn't look like the 22/44s on Googled searches, for finding a comparable value for this Craigslisting: http://lafayette.craigslist.org/tls/3156766148.html

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I had rebuilt a belt sander, not a drum.
Still piece of cake stuff.

I would think the belt alignment requires a coplanar alignment of the
end rollers, and the right tension on the rollers.
enough, run the machine and adjust the screws until is stops wandering.

Then try again with a piece of wood.
It should continue to track fine,
If not, then something is not coplanar. figure that out and adjust.