Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor wiring

I have a 1 hp motor that I want to deploy for my drum sander. I know
squat about motor wiring. The motor draws about 13 amps at 110, so I
bought 12 gauge. Opening the wiring access panel reveals one free white
wire and one free yellow wire and a ground screw. Several other wires
are joined together by wire nuts. The wiring plate informs me that the
motor direction can be reversed by moving two wires to different posts.
The posts are nowhere to be found in the wiring access panel.

There is another panel that houses the capacitator. So ... I want to
make sure I am wiring this correctly, that the motor is set to 110
rather than 220. I have not removed the capacitator, but guess that is
my next step.

Finally, I don't want to burn out the motor -- or fry myself in the process.

All instructions, suggestions will be appreciated.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

Well that's tough.

You need to provide more info. How about taking pics of the panel and
existing wiring for us.

Put the camera in macro mode. You don't need to open the capacitor
housing.

Then we can help.

On 7/3/2012 9:48 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Great.

On 7/4/2012 10:23 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
[...]

German Motor (EML) motor wiring help Please! Gunner Asch[_5_] Metalworking 2 January 2nd 10 12:42 PM
Help wiring an AC motor Graeme UK diy 14 January 2nd 09 12:09 PM
Motor wiring help [email protected] Metalworking 12 September 28th 07 04:37 PM
Motor Wiring Help Please! PatD Electronics Repair 11 February 20th 06 09:49 PM
need help wiring an ac motor [email protected] Woodworking 1 April 29th 05 02:36 AM