Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Redwood Source in Southeast Kansas Area???

Anyone found good redwood in the Southeast Kansas or Four-State region
(Joplin, Fort Scott, Pittsburg, NE OK area.

I have bought some in Wichita but that is a little too far out.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 6/26/2012 5:56 PM, RonB wrote:
Anyone found good redwood in the Southeast Kansas or Four-State region
(Joplin, Fort Scott, Pittsburg, NE OK area.

I don't believe redwood is indigenous to SE KS, no...

gdr

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/26/2012 5:56 PM, RonB wrote: Anyone found good redwood in the Southeast Kansas or Four-State region

--

No, but it is available in Wichita at Star Lumber and Menard's
Stores. All of that Wichita wood is supposed to be from the NW US.

I'm just looking for alternate sources of trucked in Redwood so I
don't have the five hour round trip to Wichita.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 6/26/2012 7:17 PM, RonB wrote:

I'm just looking for alternate sources of trucked in Redwood so I
don't have the five hour round trip to Wichita.

Feel lucky...it's almost that one-way from here (other corner of state).

Brother is in Joplin; I'll ping him and see if he's any knowledge...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/26/2012 5:56 PM, RonB wrote:
Anyone found good redwood in the Southeast Kansas or Four-State region
(Joplin, Fort Scott, Pittsburg, NE OK area.

I have bought some in Wichita but that is a little too far out.

RonB

Try this place. They have quite a bit of stuff.

http://www.dieboltlumber.com/

--
Steve Barker

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 26, 10:08*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 6/26/2012 5:56 PM, RonB wrote:

Anyone found good redwood in the Southeast Kansas or Four-State region
(Joplin, Fort Scott, Pittsburg, NE OK area.

I have bought some in Wichita but that is a little too far out.

RonB

Try this place. *They have quite a bit of stuff.

http://www.dieboltlumber.com/

--
Steve Barker

Hey Steve - Thanks. Those folks are less than an hour away. I'll
give them a call in the morning.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/27/2012 6:36 PM, RonB wrote:
On Jun 26, 10:08 pm, Steve wrote:
On 6/26/2012 5:56 PM, RonB wrote:

Anyone found good redwood in the Southeast Kansas or Four-State region
(Joplin, Fort Scott, Pittsburg, NE OK area.

I have bought some in Wichita but that is a little too far out.

RonB

Try this place. They have quite a bit of stuff.

http://www.dieboltlumber.com/

--
Steve Barker

Hey Steve - Thanks. Those folks are less than an hour away. I'll
give them a call in the morning.

RonB

yer welcome!! hope they have what you want.

--
Steve Barker