Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting to "dead nuts" on plywood

Ok, I'm amount to tackle a project where I need to
cut some plywood to "dead nuts'. I can rip easily enough
with my TS, but cross cutting will be a challenge and not
possible with my TS (not enough real estate on the saw for the cut).

I was thinking of cross cutting with a circ saw to a length
slightly larger than what I needed, then come back and
use a router with a compression bit to get it "dead on".

Any other good suggestions?

Yes, I know about
building one of those circular saw cutting guides, but I got one
for the rough cut, but don't trust it for the "dead on". I just
want to "whisper cut" with the router, to get it to size.

MJ