Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ground Screws

Picked up one of these for a 4x4 post installation at a friend's
place. Easy to install and really fast installation.
http://www.innotectrading.com/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/23/2012 8:50 AM, Dave wrote:
Picked up one of these for a 4x4 post installation at a friend's
place. Easy to install and really fast installation.
http://www.innotectrading.com/

Cool!

I have been looking for anchors to hold my store room in place should we
have another hurricane.

So what size did you use and what is their cost? Did you put them in
manually?

Where do you find them?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 09:46:01 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I have been looking for anchors to hold my store room in place should we
have another hurricane.

They come anywhere in size from about two feet up to about 16 feet.
The big ones need mechanical installation, but the smaller ones can be
done by hand. Have a look at the movie on the website.

So what size did you use and what is their cost? Did you put them in
manually?

For me, it was just one anchor, a small guy, with the side plates for
a 32" 4x4 post. Installed with a steel rod by hand. Cost me $50 which
included delivery by the local distributor.

Where do you find them?

I'm not sure where in the US you can get them. Here's the email for
the guy I bought mine from.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:44:51 -0400, Dave wrote:

Sorry, too quick on the send button.
http://www.innotectrading.com/ for a detailed movie on all types of
installation.

for information.

The biggest thing about these is the quick installation which greatly
dispenses with labour costs.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/23/12 9:46 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/23/2012 8:50 AM, Dave wrote:
Picked up one of these for a 4x4 post installation at a friend's
place. Easy to install and really fast installation.
http://www.innotectrading.com/

Cool!

I have been looking for anchors to hold my store room in place should we
have another hurricane.

So what size did you use and what is their cost? Did you put them in
manually?

Where do you find them?

This is not what I thought of when I saw the subject line. :-)
They look very cool, but I doubt they'd go over very well in TN where
the bedrock is about 6" under topsoil.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:48:34 -0500, -MIKE-
They look very cool, but I doubt they'd go over very well in TN where
the bedrock is about 6" under topsoil.

Have a look at the movie. Apparently, there's some type of solution
for certain types of rock formations. Not sure about solid bedrock
though.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/23/12 11:08 AM, Dave wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:48:34 -0500,
They look very cool, but I doubt they'd go over very well in TN where
the bedrock is about 6" under topsoil.

Have a look at the movie. Apparently, there's some type of solution
for certain types of rock formations. Not sure about solid bedrock
though.

I clicked on the video and it started to download on my computer.
Hommie don't play that. :-)

Their product may be outstanding but they need to hire a teenager to do
a decent website for them. Theirs is atrocious.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:15:17 -0500, -MIKE-
I clicked on the video and it started to download on my computer.
Hommie don't play that. :-)

You can watch it online, but it's just a .wmv file and nothing else if
you do download it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 23, 12:15*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 6/23/12 11:08 AM, Dave wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:48:34 -0500,
They look very cool, but I doubt they'd go over very well in TN where
the bedrock is about 6" under topsoil.

Have a look at the movie. Apparently, there's some type of solution
for certain types of rock formations. Not sure about solid bedrock
though.

I clicked on the video and it started to download on my computer.
Hommie don't play that. *:-)

Their product may be outstanding but they need to hire a teenager to do
a decent website for them. *Theirs is atrocious.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Mmmm.. plays fine on my iMac. VLC installed.
The site itself is not great for a multi-million dollar company.

The video sounds like fund-raiser in some spots.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I guess they have their advantages but being a cheap ******* (tm) I'll
stick with http://www.amazon.com/Seymour-Mfg-AU...owViewpoints=1

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:35:51 +0000 (UTC),
I guess they have their advantages but being a cheap ******* (tm) I'll
stick with http://www.amazon.com/Seymour-Mfg-AU...owViewpoints=1

Those are augers for digging a hole, not for mounting something in a
hole.

Also, I considered the $8 spike in the ground, but I think that's
something that something like a pitcher pump could be just hauled out
and stolen. The screw has a much greater holding power.