Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default ATTN: Bill - Woodworking bench

I put some pix up on a.b.pictures.woodworking
of the bench I just did.
So far, it works for me.
Remember that other's ideas are like a recipe -
they give a place to start. After that, it's your
taste.

-J

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe wrote:
I put some pix up on a.b.pictures.woodworking
of the bench I just did.
So far, it works for me.
Remember that other's ideas are like a recipe -
they give a place to start. After that, it's your
taste.

-J

Your bench looks great Joe! Your design obviously makes good use of
space--obviously a valuable commodity, and the top looks like a very
nice and stable surface to work on. I am sorry to hear that your
fingers got hurt in the process : (

I am going to go back and look at some of your pictures again (for
instance to try to see how you used your carriage bolts).

Thank you for sharing. If you have a picture or two of home furniture
you have made, I would enjoy seeing that sometime if you get a chance.

I'll post a picture of my work table when it's done (I had to backtrack
due to "risk of tipping"). It doesn't have as many features as yours,
but maybe I can add storage features, like drawers, later.

Cheers,
Bill (in IN)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Joe wrote:
I put some pix up on a.b.pictures.woodworking
of the bench I just did.
So far, it works for me.
Remember that other's ideas are like a recipe -
they give a place to start. After that, it's your
taste.

-J

Joe,

Over at alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, you wrote:

"I will be making some Tees to mount 3 vises, the belt sander, and who
knows what else on that can just drop into the bench vise when needed."

What you described sounds like a "handy notion". Can you describe these
"Tees" to me (maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know what a Tee is)?

Thank you,
Bill