Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thin floor follow up

Just thought I'd let those who participated in the thread I started last
week, about thin flooring. My son finally got back to the mill and decided
upon the full 1" flooring. Talking with the guy in charge there over beers,
they finally settled on a price for 10" - 14" White Pine, kiln dried, at a
negotiated price of $1.05 per square foot. He placed the order.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

^5 for your son. That should be a pretty floor. He'll/you'll have to
post a pics link when finished.

Has he found a good deal on a planer, also? I suppose at least a 15"
one.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Just thought I'd let those who participated in the thread I started last
week, about thin flooring. My son finally got back to the mill and
decided upon the full 1" flooring. Talking with the guy in charge there
over beers, they finally settled on a price for 10" - 14" White Pine, kiln
dried, at a negotiated price of $1.05 per square foot. He placed the
order.

--

-Mike-

with pine, I think he'll be happy he went with 1"
Is that S2S? and SLR on one side?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
^5 for your son. That should be a pretty floor. He'll/you'll have to
post a pics link when finished.

Has he found a good deal on a planer, also? I suppose at least a 15"
one.

Not sure what he'll do about a planer. Likely, he and I will go in half on
one. We could both use one but neither one of us really need one full time.

Yeah - he cut one hell of a deal on the flooring. I will send pics when
it's done - though, it's likely to be a couple of months.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

ChairMan wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Just thought I'd let those who participated in the thread I started
last week, about thin flooring. My son finally got back to the mill
and decided upon the full 1" flooring. Talking with the guy in
charge there over beers, they finally settled on a price for 10" -
14" White Pine, kiln dried, at a negotiated price of $1.05 per
square foot. He placed the order.

--

-Mike-

with pine, I think he'll be happy he went with 1"
Is that S2S? and SLR on one side?

Rough. Don't know what planing or skip planing would add to the price.
Stay tuned - more information will follow, I'm sure.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

ChairMan wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Just thought I'd let those who participated in the thread I started
last week, about thin flooring. My son finally got back to the mill
and decided upon the full 1" flooring. Talking with the guy in
charge there over beers, they finally settled on a price for 10" -
14" White Pine, kiln dried, at a negotiated price of $1.05 per
square foot. He placed the order.
--

-Mike-

with pine, I think he'll be happy he went with 1"
Is that S2S? and SLR on one side?

Rough. Don't know what planing or skip planing would add to the price.
Stay tuned - more information will follow, I'm sure.

Here(Dallas), i pay about 50-60 bucks per thousand bf for S2S and SLR and
it's worth every penny.
The time it would take to do it yourself compared to how quick they can, is
just not worth the trouble

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rough. *Don't know what planing or skip planing would add to the price.
Stay tuned - more information will follow, I'm sure.

Sixty cents a bd ft is what I paid, until I bought a planer. That was
usually not for a large amount of lumber, though. They may have given
me a better price if I had a large cache to plane.

Sonny
Lafayette, LA.