Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Ultra thin screwdriver - update on Brownells Thin-Bit set

What's that Lassie? You say that Christopher Tidy fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Fri, 02 Jan 2009 17:39:37 +0000:

The handle looks very durable, but it doesn't quite hold the bit tightly
enough for my liking. There's some noticeable bit wobble. But all the
screwdriver handles I've seen which accept interchangeable bits are
similar. In my mind, I can imagine a screwdriver handle which holds the
bit in a 1/4" hex collet with a sliding or threaded collet to compress
the collet. Anyone know if such a handle exists?

At work the de-burring dept. uses a bunch of power screwdrivers with
those cheap 3 jaw chucks that have 1/4 hex shanks. When one fell out
and dinged a very expensive part, I drilled and taped the power
screwdriver for a 6-32 set screw to hold the hex shank in.
--

Dan H.