Posted to rec.woodworking

Default WWII 48 tooth blade

It arrived today and looks great. Now all I have to do is get
everything off the table saw so I can change blades. The draw back to
a unisaw with a 51" fence and a Laguna large sliding table is that
it's the biggest surface in the shop, closest to the door to the tool
room and a complete catch all for everything. Have most of the tools
rolled into the new addition to clean up the old part so hopefully
I'll get to try it shortly.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike M wrote in
:

It arrived today and looks great. Now all I have to do is get
everything off the table saw so I can change blades. The draw back to
a unisaw with a 51" fence and a Laguna large sliding table is that
it's the biggest surface in the shop, closest to the door to the tool
room and a complete catch all for everything. Have most of the tools
rolled into the new addition to clean up the old part so hopefully
I'll get to try it shortly.

Mike M

Here's a possible solution for you: Take a car jack and lift one end of
the saw up. Place jack stands underneath for safety. Now your
horizontal surface has an angle and won't hold anything. Problem solved.
:-)

I put a rack next to the door in hopes that it would catch things like
that and not result in my space being cluttered. It worked for a bit
until it got cluttered with things convenient to have next to the door
like garden tools... I'm going to have to come up with another
solution...

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 May 2012 05:14:45 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Mike M wrote in
:

[...]

Hopefully the added 360 Sq' and shamelessy copying Swingman's storage
solutions will cure a lot of the clutter.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 May 2012 05:14:45 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Here's a possible solution for you: Take a car jack and lift one end of
the saw up. Place jack stands underneath for safety. Now your
horizontal surface has an angle and won't hold anything. Problem solved.
:-)

My wife would like me to build new end tables, but we can't decide on
the design. I want the top to be shaped like a pyramid with a flat
spot on top just big enough to hold a lamp.

If I make her design with a flat top, I can just use old pallets and
no one would ever see them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/26/2012 3:26 AM, Mike M wrote:

Hopefully the added 360 Sq' and shamelessy copying Swingman's storage
solutions will cure a lot of the clutter.

Nothing to be ashamed about, have at it. Besides closet (keeps the dust
off stuff), cabinet and and drawer storage, one of the best things I did
for my particular "small shop" situation was the two Suncast 3x8 storage
sheds, one for all the garden/outdoor ash and trash; and one for
woodworking related items only - jigs, paints, stains, etc:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...43322243954258

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've had that problem (tablesaw junk) even with a lot of space.

I just retrained myself. I organized , made a place for everything.
My biggest problem is the little stuff that really fits no category.

But I might have a permanent solution for that shortly.

My tablesaw has been clean for more than a year, ready to cut.
My outfeed occasionaly suffers but is getting better.

I picked up a rolling cart from HF with a draw. I stick a ton of (I
don't know what to do with it) in the cart. That was originally intended
to move wood from machine to machine.. but it has helped declutter.

The sink has turned into a useful bench too.

I built a cover from the sink cut out to cover the sink.

Now all my glues and some always ready shellac are sitting on that stand
.. So my assembly bench just got cleared off...

Amazing how things cleanup when you have a real place to put them....

Pics soon of the whole shop when I get some time.

On 5/26/2012 4:26 AM, Mike M wrote:
On 26 May 2012 05:14:45 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Mike wrote in
: