Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default Where I have been? I just read about a new WWII blade

that has a raker tooth every 5 teeth to give a flat bottomed cut. WHY
WASN'T I INFORMED?? g

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

David said:

that has a raker tooth every 5 teeth to give a flat bottomed cut. WHY
WASN'T I INFORMED?? g

dave

It's about time they did that! Made the blade available as a normal
stock item, that is, not informed you of it. g

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Greg G. wrote:

David said:

that has a raker tooth every 5 teeth to give a flat bottomed cut. WHY
WASN'T I INFORMED?? g

dave

It's about time they did that! Made the blade available as a normal
stock item, that is, not informed you of it. g

Greg G.

I'm always the last to find out this IMPORTANT stuff! g So when is my
WWII going to self destruct so I have a legit reason to get the new one?
Then I wouldn't have to swap blades when I need a flat-bottomed cut.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

David said:

It's about time they did that! Made the blade available as a normal
stock item, that is, not informed you of it. g

Greg G.

I'm always the last to find out this IMPORTANT stuff! g So when is my
WWII going to self destruct so I have a legit reason to get the new one?
Then I wouldn't have to swap blades when I need a flat-bottomed cut.

Dave, you don't have to wait. The standard WWII blade (probably)
makes cleaner through cuts and lasts (far) longer. The raker is only
used when you (quite often) just _have_ to cut flat bottomed grooves.
That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it... g

Although it's still tough to justify spending that $100 bill, it's on
my wish list as well. There are many good years left in my WWII, but
when I bought it, I tried to get an ATB/R. It was special order only.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Greg G. said:

There are many good years left in my WWII, but
when I bought it, I tried to get an ATB/R. It was special order only.

When I say this, I mean it was not an item available from Amazon or
stocked at any of my local stores. It has been available as a Custom
WWII Grind #6, I believe, for quite a while. But you had to order
directly from Forrest. I'm assuming this is the blade they are
promoting...

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

David wrote:

that has a raker tooth every 5 teeth to give a flat bottomed cut. WHY
WASN'T I INFORMED?? g

I've had a Freud blade like that (ATBR) for many years. Works fine for
me. I know WWII has a great reputation, but good enough is good
enough.

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Larry Blanchard wrote:

David wrote:

that has a raker tooth every 5 teeth to give a flat bottomed cut. WHY
WASN'T I INFORMED?? g

I've had a Freud blade like that (ATBR) for many years. Works fine for
me. I know WWII has a great reputation, but good enough is good
enough.

Hey, Larry, I've got a Freud double sided melamine blade. Is that a
ATBR grind?

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

David wrote:

Hey, Larry, I've got a Freud double sided melamine blade. Is that a
ATBR grind?

How should I know from that description? Look up the part number.

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Larry Blanchard wrote:

David wrote:

Hey, Larry, I've got a Freud double sided melamine blade. Is that a
ATBR grind?

How should I know from that description? Look up the part number.

Sorry, I just thought you knew off the top of your head. I wasn't
trying to be lazy...

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

David wrote:
that has a raker tooth every 5 teeth to give a flat bottomed cut. WHY
WASN'T I INFORMED?? g

Have the rakers installed at the next sharpening.