Posted to rec.woodworking

Default You know your shop is too small ...

.... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...23301938697234

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting board)

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 May 2012 08:48:41 -0500, Swingman wrote:

... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...23301938697234

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting board)

I hear that. g My last 4 projects have been a 5'x5' CNC router
(finishing today, I hope), 200'+ of wire fencing, a 12x16' flagstone
patio, and a 20' cedar fence. 2 in queue are a pair of 9-1/2'x8' barn
doors to close off a carport and a 12' cedar gate.

My old bod's ready for a small project, too.

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
Posted to rec.woodworking

I feel a Johnny Carson thing coming on...

You know your shop is too small when...

1. The mice move out because it is too small.
2. When you drop something on the floor, and you never find it.
3. You have to store your lumber in the back yard or under the eaves.
4. Only skinny people will fit in your shop.
5. You can't use any hand tool or power tool without bumping your elbow into
something.
6. When your primary work bench is a portable unit that sets up on saw
horses in the driveway.
7. When your power tools become claustrophobic.
8. Your wife won't go in there to put junk on your tools and benches.
9. The only time you see the floor is when you move a completed project out
of the shop.
10. There are rumors that people have gone into your shop, never to be seen
again.

I will be working here all week. Be sure to tip your waiter.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/23/2012 9:18 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2012 08:48:41 -0500, wrote:

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting board)

I hear that.g My last 4 projects have been a 5'x5' CNC router
(finishing today, I hope), 200'+ of wire fencing, a 12x16' flagstone
patio, and a 20' cedar fence. 2 in queue are a pair of 9-1/2'x8' barn
doors to close off a carport and a 12' cedar gate.

My old bod's ready for a small project, too.

No kidding ... amazing, as you get older, what a difference just one
year makes in how physical stuff just gets tougher. Last year at this
same time, in May, I was working all day long, on off days from a big
kitchen and remodel, doing this by myself, with no help whatsoever ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...opRetrofit2011

.... and with what seems like a whole lot less effort than this
particular desk is taking.

This week, I hired a 26 year old kid to give me hand with the thing, and
the SOB is getting a kick of me working my ass off trying to keep up
with him.

Then again, maybe not ... he called in sick this morning. (thank gawd!)

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/23/2012 9:52 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
[...]

You would be surprised how many of those already apply.

ROTFL ... keep'em coming ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into your
living room to trim it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...23301938697234

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting board)

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

When I can throw a dead cat, and hit something.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

Maybe it's time to bring the rest of the tools in the living room and
just Watch TV in the shop. Reminds me of a (distant) relative
complaining that her husband had his motorcycle disassembled in the
living room and the engine was in the bath tub.

--
G.W. Ross

When everything's coming your way,
you're in the wrong lane.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/23/2012 1:04 PM, G.W. Ross wrote:
Swingman wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

Maybe it's time to bring the rest of the tools in the living room and
just Watch TV in the shop. Reminds me of a (distant) relative
complaining that her husband had his motorcycle disassembled in the
living room and the engine was in the bath tub.

Not a bad idea ... it was 96 in the shop yesterday afternoon ... we keep
the house at 78.

I'll let you know how that flies with the other inmates.

That said, my ideal living arrangement would be a 3000sf+, single span
building, with about 1000sf of living space built-out inside (storage
above the living space), and the remainder shop.

Best of all possible worlds ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
[...]

you know your shop is to small when you turn around and your outside
again

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 May 2012 10:28:17 -0500, Swingman wrote:

[...]

My girlfriend always wonders why I had so many cuts and bruieses.
Told her it's just dangerous walking around in the shop. I just added
360 sq ft to a 600sq ft shop and as I started wheeling things around
I'm realizing it's still small. I need to do what you did and build
some better storage. As I clean up I'm sure I'll find lots of tools
I've lost track of because I couldn't get to them with out moving at
least 3 tools after moving others so I had a place to move them to.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/23/2012 2:13 PM, Mike M wrote:

My girlfriend always wonders why I had so many cuts and bruieses.
Told her it's just dangerous walking around in the shop. I just added
360 sq ft to a 600sq ft shop and as I started wheeling things around
I'm realizing it's still small. I need to do what you did and build
some better storage. As I clean up I'm sure I'll find lots of tools
I've lost track of because I couldn't get to them with out moving at
least 3 tools after moving others so I had a place to move them to.

Know the feeling ... not only do you have to plan the logical order of
steps you're going to take to fabricate a project, you also have to plan
to ahead so you can get to those tools against the wall that you're
blocking with every step.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

No kidding ... amazing, as you get older, what a difference just one
year makes in how physical stuff just gets tougher.

---------------------------------
SFWIW, my 88 year old cousin, a farmer all his life, had a hip
replacement in January,

He just finished his spring planting a couple of weeks ago.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in
.com:

[...]

You plane 1/8" off of a board and double the free space.

The vacuum has things stored inside it.

You can't wheel your tools out to the drive, there's just no space.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dShopSBJ_Desk2...

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting board)

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Kinda reminds me of our early days of marriage and woodworking. We
were living in a small duplex with a damp basement. I had basic hand
tools plus a circular saw. We built a couple of fairly decent pieces
of furniture in the parking spot behind the apartment and did some of
the final fitting and finish in the living room. We (us and you) are
a tad bit more well equipped now. But it was still fun.

Ron
Posted to rec.woodworking

Reminds me of a guy that built a hanger on his property. He built out
his living space in the hangar, off to one side that looks out to the
runway and woods.

His daughter has a home and barn on the property... Its a big property.

Out front is his own private runway.
He is the nicest guy, and was a pilot in WWII.

I would love to have the hangar / living space. It's a big area to do WW in.

Swingman wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

Maybe it's time to bring the rest of the tools in the living room and
just Watch TV in the shop. Reminds me of a (distant) relative
complaining that her husband had his motorcycle disassembled in the
living room and the engine was in the bath tub.

Not a bad idea ... it was 96 in the shop yesterday afternoon ... we keep
the house at 78.

I'll let you know how that flies with the other inmates.

That said, my ideal living arrangement would be a 3000sf+, single span
building, with about 1000sf of living space built-out inside (storage
above the living space), and the remainder shop.

Best of all possible worlds ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

Maybe it's time to bring the rest of the tools in the living room and
just Watch TV in the shop. Reminds me of a (distant) relative
complaining that her husband had his motorcycle disassembled in the
living room and the engine was in the bath tub.

Not a bad idea ... it was 96 in the shop yesterday afternoon ... we keep
the house at 78.

I'll let you know how that flies with the other inmates.

That said, my ideal living arrangement would be a 3000sf+, single span
building, with about 1000sf of living space built-out inside (storage
above the living space), and the remainder shop.

Best of all possible worlds ...

OK - we have digressed his original post into "Reminds".

Many years ago we lived in a small two bedroom house in a neighborhood
of similar homes. Small garages but some had basements. I had
neighbors who rebuilt the basement staircase so it aligned with the
garage door; and then built a "T-bucket" roadster in the basement.
They spent about four years building what ended up being a pretty nice
show-quality car. Half the folks in the neighborhood thought they
were nuts, but they had it planned. It was a hobby, labor of love
and they did the meticulous stuff in the well-lit heated and cooled
basement and then disassembled it, carried sub assemblies up the
stairs and put it back together. (the engine was a real bitch - I was
interested and involved by then). At that point it took them about a
month to reassemble, test and get it on the street.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 May 2012 10:25:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:

[...]

My niece did that with me on the 140 steps going up to the gunnery
points on DiamondHead Crater on Oahu back when I was 40-something.
We were both surprised that I kept up as long as I did, though.

Then again, maybe not ... he called in sick this morning. (thank gawd!)

Yeah, I need a day to recouperate after (trying to) keep up with a
worker, too. I grok that in its entirety. I hired a kid (41) to help
me with the fence and flagstone, and I used his tireless body to do
most of the harder work. My right rotator cuff is increasingly
screaming at me, so I'm afraid my days as a handyman are numbered.
Another career change is OK with me, but physical work is what's
putting food on the table at the moment.

What I thought was a scratch or bruise during the fencing thing last
week was evidently a spider bite. The area, right where my sock ends,
now has a somewhat rectangular red spot about the size of my ring
fingernail. There's sort of a hard spot in the skin there. It has me
interested.

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 May 2012 10:25:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:

What I thought was a scratch or bruise during the fencing thing last
week was evidently a spider bite. The area, right where my sock ends,
now has a somewhat rectangular red spot about the size of my ring
fingernail. There's sort of a hard spot in the skin there. It has me
interested.

Might be worth getting tested for Lyme if the spot grows... I know a LOT of
people who have or have had it including the owner of the sawmill where I
last bought wood and a lot of outdoorsmen.

I say this after my second dose of Benadryl... I was apparently bitten by a
spider last night while sleeping. Things started as a bump on my lower
backside when I woke up and then went to swollen lips and labored breathing.
Dammed bugs!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 8:30 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

What I thought was a scratch or bruise during the fencing thing last
week was evidently a spider bite. The area, right where my sock ends,
now has a somewhat rectangular red spot about the size of my ring
fingernail. There's sort of a hard spot in the skin there. It has me
interested.

Damn, Bubba! I just took a trip to a dermatologist last month for
100,000 mile checkup (spent the most part of my youth in the sun in
shorts with no shirt), and the occasionally itchy, quarter sized, red
spot on my thigh, that has been ongoing on two years with no change, was
suspected to be a spider bite.

She didn't seem concerned ...

(Hey, if we start comparing bowel movements, someone shoot us, please
.... it's apparently hazard of that certain age ... and starts out just
like the above).

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 7:52 AM, RonB wrote:

OK - we have digressed his original post into "Reminds".

No problem ...

Many years ago we lived in a small two bedroom house in a neighborhood
of similar homes. Small garages but some had basements. I had
neighbors who rebuilt the basement staircase so it aligned with the
garage door; and then built a "T-bucket" roadster in the basement.
They spent about four years building what ended up being a pretty nice
show-quality car. Half the folks in the neighborhood thought they
were nuts, but they had it planned. It was a hobby, labor of love
and they did the meticulous stuff in the well-lit heated and cooled
basement and then disassembled it, carried sub assemblies up the
stairs and put it back together. (the engine was a real bitch - I was
interested and involved by then). At that point it took them about a
month to reassemble, test and get it on the street.

The first metal shop project in jr high (yep, we had a full metal shop
class, complete with metal (Al) casting facility, at 14 years old), was
a huge floor standing birdcage for my mother. Turned out too big to fit
through the door, so the shop teacher bought it back for scrap and still
gave me an A ... figured he was embarrassed that he had not foreseen the
problem. That was a lesson I learned early.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/23/2012 8:48 AM, Swingman wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...23301938697234

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting board)

If have found that with getting a bigger the shop, the projects get
bigger. The shop never really gets bigger untill you move the lawn
mower, wheel barrel, weed eater, yard hand tools, bicycles, etc out.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 9:17 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/23/2012 8:48 AM, Swingman wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...23301938697234

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting
board)

If have found that with getting a bigger the shop, the projects get
bigger. The shop never really gets bigger untill you move the lawn
mower, wheel barrel, weed eater, yard hand tools, bicycles, etc out.

Leon, as you well know, NONE of that crap is allowed inside my shop and
it's still not any bigger!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 May 2012 08:52:00 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 5/24/2012 8:30 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

What I thought was a scratch or bruise during the fencing thing last
week was evidently a spider bite. The area, right where my sock ends,
now has a somewhat rectangular red spot about the size of my ring
fingernail. There's sort of a hard spot in the skin there. It has me
interested.

Damn, Bubba! I just took a trip to a dermatologist last month for
100,000 mile checkup (spent the most part of my youth in the sun in
shorts with no shirt), and the occasionally itchy, quarter sized, red
spot on my thigh, that has been ongoing on two years with no change, was
suspected to be a spider bite.

This one looked like a mosquito bite the first day, then got redder
and itched, so I put some tea tree oil, then bacitracin on it. It
stopped itching so I forgot about it for a couple days, and it grew.
The soreness when pushing on it remains about the same, which isn't
unusual for bites/stings. It's still smaller than a dime. It bothers
me because it's unusual. I survived a black widow bite without any
problems. That felt like someone putting out a cigarette butt on my
arm for about a minute. First, it was a white dot in a red circle,
then it became a 1/16" red dot in a 7/16" white circle. It was
entirely gone in a week.

She didn't seem concerned ...

Good for you.

(Hey, if we start comparing bowel movements, someone shoot us, please
... it's apparently hazard of that certain age ... and starts out just
like the above).

Yeah, BMs or colonoscopy doctor results. ick

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 9:49 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/24/2012 9:17 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/23/2012 8:48 AM, Swingman wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...23301938697234

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting
board)

If have found that with getting a bigger the shop, the projects get
bigger. The shop never really gets bigger untill you move the lawn
mower, wheel barrel, weed eater, yard hand tools, bicycles, etc out.

Leon, as you well know, NONE of that crap is allowed inside my shop and
it's still not any bigger!

Well there you go then. Had you stored that stuff in your garage and
then permanently removed them, you would have more room. LOL HUH?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 8:52 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/24/2012 8:30 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

What I thought was a scratch or bruise during the fencing thing last
week was evidently a spider bite. The area, right where my sock ends,
now has a somewhat rectangular red spot about the size of my ring
fingernail. There's sort of a hard spot in the skin there. It has me
interested.

Damn, Bubba! I just took a trip to a dermatologist last month for
100,000 mile checkup (spent the most part of my youth in the sun in
shorts with no shirt), and the occasionally itchy, quarter sized, red
spot on my thigh, that has been ongoing on two years with no change, was
suspected to be a spider bite.

She didn't seem concerned ...

She probably was thinking, this is certainly Bush's fault.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 May 2012 08:04:44 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah, BMs or colonoscopy doctor results. ick

Well, I'll toss in something not quite that bad that might be useful info
for some of us old farts.

I had a precancerous condition known as Barrett's esophagus caused by
acid reflux. Standard treatment has been diet and prilosec or similar,
with checks every 6-12 months to see if it has progressed. If so,
survival rates aren't very good.

I wasn't happy with that course of action so I started looking around and
found something called "radio frequency ablation". I had to travel to a
university medical research center to get the work done, but 2 treatments
and my esophagus is healed.

Most gut docs should be aware of RFA by now, but mine wasn't until I
found it (about 3 years ago). So if any of you get the BE diagnosis, now
you can get it fixed. For more info, see:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0811100939.htm

Hope this is of use to someone and I promise not to discuss my next
colonoscopy :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in message
om...
Swingman wrote:
[...]

Or you have to take something outside to turn it around. Including self.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 11:24 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/24/2012 9:49 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...23301938697234

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting
board)

If have found that with getting a bigger the shop, the projects get
bigger. The shop never really gets bigger untill you move the lawn
mower, wheel barrel, weed eater, yard hand tools, bicycles, etc out.

Leon, as you well know, NONE of that crap is allowed inside my shop and
it's still not any bigger!

Well there you go then. Had you stored that stuff in your garage and
then permanently removed them, you would have more room. LOL HUH?

Thanks, you're right! When I move all the tools out to the driveway, the
shop indeed seems bigger!!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 1:05 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/24/2012 11:24 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/24/2012 9:49 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...23301938697234

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting
board)

If have found that with getting a bigger the shop, the projects get
bigger. The shop never really gets bigger untill you move the lawn
mower, wheel barrel, weed eater, yard hand tools, bicycles, etc out.

Leon, as you well know, NONE of that crap is allowed inside my shop and
it's still not any bigger!

Well there you go then. Had you stored that stuff in your garage and
then permanently removed them, you would have more room. LOL HUH?

Thanks, you're right! When I move all the tools out to the driveway, the
shop indeed seems bigger!!

I wonder if you could build a "pop-out", like what an RV or fifth wheel
has, to elongate your garage/shop down your driveway? Accordion bellows
like. That could be the assembly area. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 May 2012 16:45:10 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

[...]

I had thought I had something like that but a few ounces of Aloe Vera
gel daily (mixed with anything strong so the lovely "contaminated
clorox" taste is minimized) took care of my overacidic tendency.

Hope this is of use to someone and I promise not to discuss my next
colonoscopy :-).

Not even if someone assed you nicely? (sorry, couldn't help myself)

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
(Something for the Powers That Be to remember, eh?)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Hope this is of use to someone and I promise not to discuss my next
colonoscopy :-).

Not even if someone assed you nicely? (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Oh hell - they're a walk in the park. My guy knocks everyone out for this
now. IV in the arm, good-night Irene, and the next thing you know you're on
the other side of it all. A ton better than the previous way of doing
things...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Hope this is of use to someone and I promise not to discuss my next
colonoscopy :-).

Not even if someone assed you nicely? (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Oh hell - they're a walk in the park. My guy knocks everyone out for this
now. IV in the arm, good-night Irene, and the next thing you know you're on
the other side of it all. A ton better than the previous way of doing
things...

My first time (of many that have followed), I was watching the cool
procedure on the TV and commenting on the coolness of it all. The nurse
put a towel over my head and told me to lay still and shut up!

Rather rude don't you think?

It all led to a shortening of the colon by a foot or so and finding out
that lying ******* of a surgeon who said I would feel just fine in a
week or so missed it by about six months.

Ah, the Golden years...

--
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure,the creed of ignorance, and the
gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery"
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

No kidding ... amazing, as you get older, what a difference just one
year makes in how physical stuff just gets tougher.

---------------------------------
SFWIW, my 88 year old cousin, a farmer all his life, had a hip
replacement in January,

He just finished his spring planting a couple of weeks ago.

----------------------------------
The latest from my 88 year old cousin.

He is a tough old bird.
-----------------------------------
Took the last load in about 4:00 PM.

Glad to be done , but no more income till fall .

Ken took the pontoon up to the lake Glad .

The old man is worn to a frazal, Even driving the semi wears me out.

Gonna hit the hay.

---------------------------------

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 23, 7:52*am, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
I feel a Johnny Carson thing coming on...

You know your shop is too small when...

1. The mice move out because it is too small.
2. When you drop something on the floor, and you never find it.
3. You have to store your lumber in the back yard or under the eaves.
4. Only skinny people will fit in your shop.
5. You can't use any hand tool or power tool without bumping your elbow into
something.
6. When your primary work bench is a portable unit that sets up on saw
horses in the driveway.
7. When your power tools become claustrophobic.
8. Your wife won't go in there to put junk on your tools and benches.
9. The only time you see the floor is when you move a completed project out
of the shop.
10. There are rumors that people have gone into your shop, never to be seen
again.

My shop must be big enough, only 9 out of the 10 apply. (#6 is the
only one that doesn't apply)

Luigi
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 23, 6:48*am, Swingman wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...dShopSBJ_Desk2...

(I want my next project to be a cutting board ... a _small_ cutting board)

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

I did build a 10' by 20' long tent in front of the garage/shop door to
hold the kitchen cabinets before they went to the finisher. 2X4
framing & tarps turned out cheaper than buying one of those portable
garages.

Luigi

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 11:43 PM, Luigi Zanasi wrote:
On May 23, 6:48 am, wrote:
... when you (and two helpers) have to bring a client's project into
your living room to trim it out:

I did build a 10' by 20' long tent in front of the garage/shop door to
hold the kitchen cabinets before they went to the finisher. 2X4
framing& tarps turned out cheaper than buying one of those portable
garages.

Yep, I've used plastic and one of those 10 x 12 folding awnings in front
of the door a couple of times myself, particularly when spraying finish
on. Just have to time it to miss the yard guys next door with their leaf
blowers.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010