Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Wheels on bench

I picked up a couple of lawnmower wheels and mounted them to the bench.
I simply attached the wheels to the leg with a couple of screws through a
2x4. The bench will tilt back on the legs and move easily now, but it
doesn't start to move freely until the angle is just at the point where
it's uncomfortable to lift.
I think if I knocked the corner of the legs off the bench would move
freely at a lower angle. Good thing I haven't put doors on and loaded it
up yet.
Puckdropper

Seems like getting enough leverage to raise it
to the needed angle is part of the problem.
Would something like (removable) handles
like on a wheelbarrow help?
I visualize something as simple as 2x4s that
would slip into sockets ( ll====ll======= ).
The sockets could be as simple as some 2x4s
in a sideways U shape attached to the legs.
Socket heights could be slightly offset to provide a
convenient angle and height on the handles.
Sorry I haven't kept up with this whole thread-
this idea may be way off base for you.
-J

Posted to rec.woodworking

Seems like getting enough leverage to raise it
to the needed angle is part of the problem.
Would something like (removable) handles
like on a wheelbarrow help?
I visualize something as simple as 2x4s that
would slip into sockets ( ll====ll======= ).
The sockets could be as simple as some 2x4s
in a sideways U shape attached to the legs.
Socket heights could be slightly offset to provide a
convenient angle and height on the handles.
Sorry I haven't kept up with this whole thread-
this idea may be way off base for you.
-J

Not at all off base. On my saw, I had constructed a swing down handle.
Nothing fancy at all - just at 2x4 mounted to the frame of the stand by
hinges, and a U shaped handle attached to it. It hung down vertically, out
of the way when not needed, and swung up to the horizontal position when
needed. That gave me about 18" of leverage when lifting the front of the
saw. It broke...

--

-Mike-