Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Totally OT

On 5/17/2012 7:43 PM, CW wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

On 5/17/2012 11:02 AM, CW wrote:

But we as kids probably had more guidance and less free will than todays
kids. I pretty much accept trends today however I draw the line where a
kid can't keep his pants up and his whole butt crack shows.

I wonder what kind of pressure causes one to want to wear his pants
below his butt?

Practicing to be a plumber.

Not to mention things we did as kids are still being done as adults.
Long hair, bell bottom jeans, hip huggers, short shorts, plaid pants, oh
MY! Loud music, POT etc.
Worn your platform shoes lately ? How about your tie dyed shirt? Some
things (thankfully) go away.

Women's platform shoes are quite common these days and have been for
some time. Tie dye, I see that almost daily.
You know that I wasn't talking about women's shoes.

Do yours still fit? :~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
news
On 5/17/2012 7:43 PM, CW wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

On 5/17/2012 11:02 AM, CW wrote:

But we as kids probably had more guidance and less free will than todays
kids. I pretty much accept trends today however I draw the line where a
kid can't keep his pants up and his whole butt crack shows.

I wonder what kind of pressure causes one to want to wear his pants
below his butt?

Practicing to be a plumber.

Not to mention things we did as kids are still being done as adults.
Long hair, bell bottom jeans, hip huggers, short shorts, plaid pants, oh
MY! Loud music, POT etc.
Worn your platform shoes lately ? How about your tie dyed shirt? Some
things (thankfully) go away.

Women's platform shoes are quite common these days and have been for
some time. Tie dye, I see that almost daily.
You know that I wasn't talking about women's shoes.

Do yours still fit? :~)
================================================== ===========================
Never owned any. thought they were gay.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 18 May 2012 04:35:33 -0700, "CW" wrote:
Do yours still fit? :~)
================================================= ============================
Never owned any. thought they were gay.

Here's my pair. I still wear them every second day.
http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Platform-.../dp/B005L97BAW
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/18/2012 6:43 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2012 04:35:33 -0700, wrote:
Do yours still fit? :~)
================================================== ===========================
Never owned any. thought they were gay.

Here's my pair. I still wear them every second day.
http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Platform-.../dp/B005L97BAW

There you go CW, LOL Alive and well on Amazon.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/18/2012 6:43 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2012 04:35:33 -0700, wrote:
Do yours still fit? :~)
================================================== ===========================
Never owned any. thought they were gay.

Here's my pair. I still wear them every second day.
http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Platform-.../dp/B005L97BAW

I have a friend that had a pair, the soles were 6" tall. He was from
Arkansas BTY.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

On 5/18/2012 6:43 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2012 04:35:33 -0700, wrote:
Do yours still fit? :~)
================================================== ===========================
Never owned any. thought they were gay.

Here's my pair. I still wear them every second day.
http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Platform-.../dp/B005L97BAW

There you go CW, LOL Alive and well on Amazon.
================================================== ===========================
Everything is alive and well on Amazon.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The low pants wearing is a sign of submission to the authorities!

This demonstrates that in the event of a crime they are incapable of
running from the scene.

-----------------------

"Leon" wrote in message
But we as kids probably had more guidance and less free will than
todays
kids. I pretty much accept trends today however I draw the line where
kid can't keep his pants up and his whole butt crack shows.

I wonder what kind of pressure causes one to want to wear his pants
below his butt?

Not to mention things we did as kids are still being done as adults.

Long hair, bell bottom jeans, hip huggers, short shorts, plaid pants,
oh
MY! Loud music, POT etc.

I can't really can't see an adult employee coming to work with his
pants
hanging down around his knees.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I wonder what an old trailer is worth these days.

"Leon" wrote in message

On 5/17/2012 8:20 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 5/17/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

BUT living within your means teaches your kids something. Our son
continued to do well in public schools and he never needed to have
the
expensive bling. He learned how to save and did quite well in
college
earning his masters degree shortly before his 23rd birthday and had
no
college debt, he contributed about half towards his college
education. A
year later he was awarded his CPA license and had a good job waiting
for
him when he finished college. He currently owns his own home and is
on
schedule to have the mortgage paid off at the end of next year. He
paid
1/3 down payment on the house from money he earned while working and
going to school. Not too bad for a 24 year old.

That is a tribute to parenting ... the highest tribute there is.

Parenting yes. Good parenting, maybe. Most kids are getting no
parenting, so to speak.

Posted to rec.woodworking

m II wrote:
The low pants wearing is a sign of submission to the authorities!

This demonstrates that in the event of a crime they are incapable of
running from the scene.

Yep. Low pants is a consequence of the authorities confiscating an accused's
belt when he's clinked-up.

Just shows you who some classes admire.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 15, 7:44*am, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
What happens when schools stop teaching music.

What happens when you let them do this to express their individuality.

What happens when you don't discipline your kids.

What happens when kids have more money than their parents.

Yes, this is Justin Berber. *White boy gone wrong and having no pride in
himself.

http://music.yahoo.com/photos/wango-...w/a-photo-1337...

Yeah - another one who has jumped on the "gay wagon" to draw attention
to himself at any cost.

I'm still hanging on to hope that Taylor Swift will remain as well
grounded as she seems to be.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm still hanging on to hope that Taylor Swift will remain as well
grounded as she seems to be.

She reminds me of a girlfriend I had when I was 17... The first time I
saw Taylor my heart went thump thump remembering old times.

I still get a little lift everytime I see her. Brings back good
memories, and fun times.

OT mostly, but not totally Leon Woodworking 20 January 27th 09 11:22 PM
Totally new to DIY John UK diy 3 April 20th 06 08:47 PM
O.T. (totally, but don't know who else to ask!) Limey Lurker Woodworking 16 September 29th 05 08:14 PM
Not totally OT John UK diy 5 July 17th 03 10:23 PM