Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Possible Gloat

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as a gloat or a neener. I just
picked up a like new Pioneer 8" jointer, Model PNR13-200GL with a
mobile base and blade setting jig for $530. I'll have to touch up the
blades a little but it's a vast improvement over the 6" Craftsman that
we been using. Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

"James" wrote in message
m...

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as a gloat or a neener. I just
picked up a like new Pioneer 8" jointer, Model PNR13-200GL with a
mobile base and blade setting jig for $530.

Sounds expensive for a gloat. More like a neener

Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:

Never heard of it. Can't even find a pic of it on Google..

On 4/30/2012 10:59 AM, James wrote:

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as a gloat or a neener. I
just picked up a like new Pioneer 8" jointer, Model PNR13-200GL
with a mobile base and blade setting jig for $530. I'll have to
touch up the blades a little but it's a vast improvement over the
6" Craftsman that we been using. Jim

http://images.craigslist.org/5Fa5H15...68c5051bf4.jpg

I don't know if this will work. Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"James" wrote in message
m...

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as a gloat or a neener. I
just picked up a like new Pioneer 8" jointer, Model PNR13-200GL
with a mobile base and blade setting jig for $530.

Sounds expensive for a gloat. More like a neener

I wasn't sure. That's why I qualified it. The only other 8" jointer
that I found that had a 75" bed was Grizzly. It's a vast improvement
over our 6 1/8" Craftsman that I bought back in the 70's. Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

m...

--

Like this one?

http://owp.weedranch.com/popup_image.php?pID=99

Jointers are pretty simple machines so as long as the tables are co-planer
and the fence is straight and can be adjusted to square it should be fine.
Looks like it may have a magnetic switch too which is a plus... I'd say you
did good!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pioneer Machine Tools - http://www.pmt-pioneer.com/e/index.html

Many elements of that Pioneer look exactly like my 15 yr old
Powermatic model 60. Your beds are longer, the hand cranks are larger
and the cabinet is larger, otherwise it looks the same. I think you
did good.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 30, 11:29*am, Sonny wrote:
Pioneer Machine Tools -http://www.pmt-pioneer.com/e/index.html

That link I gave, above, is likely not the Pioneer woodworking tool
maker. I was too quick to post that link, without studying the site.

I think the "jointer" Pioneer may be a distributing company -
http://www.pioneertool.com/cb-about/manufacturers.aspx - and they put
their label on the product. Despite this, I still think you may have
done well.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

sal wrote:

Hi I would say you got a deal, anything that crosses the US.
Canuckestan border we can expect to pay 30% more, of course we've got
the money.

Sal

"James" wrote in message
m...

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as a gloat or a neener. I
just picked up a like new Pioneer 8" jointer, Model PNR13-200GL
with a mobile base and blade setting jig for $530. I'll have to
touch up the blades a little but it's a vast improvement over the
6" Craftsman that we been using. Jim
--

I think I did too. There's a Pioneer 6" jointer here locally and the
asking price is $800. Pioneer is Western Tool Supply's house brand.