Posted to rec.woodworking

Default interesting product.

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed this.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed this.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent
light bulb.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
Just Wondering writes:
On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed this.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent
light bulb.

Sure. Until something bumps into it.

--
Drew Lawson | I'd like to find your inner child
| and kick its little ass
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/28/12 2:59 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:
In
Just writes:
On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed this.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent
light bulb.

Sure. Until something bumps into it.

We just went and got one, the 18" version, from the local Lee Valley.
It is going in our front hall closet, it gets a bit humid in there at
certain times of the year:

FYI
12" 12 Watts
18" 18 Watts
24" 25 Watts

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Exactly, plus the foot print is much different.
And here in the US it will be hard to get incandescent bulbs in the
future. I bought a bunch since here in the NE it's not practical to use
the CFLs outside in the winter.

But I like the footprint of the heater.

On 3/28/2012 2:59 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:
In
Just writes:
On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed this.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent
light bulb.

Sure. Until something bumps into it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
Just Wondering writes:
On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed
this. http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent
light bulb.

Sure. Until something bumps into it.

D'oh - don't bump anything into it!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:15:54 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Just Wondering wrote:
On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed
this. http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent
light bulb.

For sure.

The bulb though, has a concentrated heat source and very hot surface.
This may be preferable in some applications.

These have a maximum temperature of 150. Anyone know what a bulb is?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Just Wondering wrote:
On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed
this.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent
light bulb.

For sure.

The bulb though, has a concentrated heat source and very hot surface.
This may be preferable in some applications.

These have a maximum temperature of 150. Anyone know what a bulb is?

Nope - but this was a common technique in closets in Okinawa, where the
humidity is very high. The bulb did have a perforated shield around it to
protect it though. Worked like a charm.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Just Wondering wrote:
On 3/28/2012 9:16 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

I was reading Lee Valley's article that came out today and noticed
this. http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,43456&p=69378

Seems like a nice product.

Or you could do the same thing much cheaper with a 25W incandescent
light bulb.

For sure.

The bulb though, has a concentrated heat source and very hot surface.
This may be preferable in some applications.

These have a maximum temperature of 150. Anyone know what a bulb is?

Where I need a low level heat source, I wire two 60 watts in series,
yeilds 30 watts of heat and the bulbs will last a couple of years.

Run at half power, they are hard to blow by bumping them.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:25:54 -0500, basilisk
Where I need a low level heat source, I wire two 60 watts in series,
yeilds 30 watts of heat and the bulbs will last a couple of years.
Run at half power, they are hard to blow by bumping them.

Yeah, but you'd be missing out on the greatest benefit ~ they don't
look as good as the Lee Valley Tools heater.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:20:39 -0400, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:25:54 -0500, basilisk
Where I need a low level heat source, I wire two 60 watts in series,
yeilds 30 watts of heat and the bulbs will last a couple of years.
Run at half power, they are hard to blow by bumping them.

Yeah, but you'd be missing out on the greatest benefit ~ they don't
look as good as the Lee Valley Tools heater.

You got me there, pretty it ain't.

And ain't is the proper word, it just sounds better than arsen't

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:25:54 -0500, basilisk
Where I need a low level heat source, I wire two 60 watts in series,
yeilds 30 watts of heat and the bulbs will last a couple of years.
Run at half power, they are hard to blow by bumping them.

Yeah, but you'd be missing out on the greatest benefit ~ they don't
look as good as the Lee Valley Tools heater.

I got a tool heater that looks reaaaaaal good - and she didn't come from Lee
Valley neither!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:03:03 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
I got a tool heater that looks reaaaaaal good - and she didn't come from Lee
Valley neither!

Is this the real Mike Marlow answering this question? You're usually
the one that flees when sex enters the discussion.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:03:03 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
I got a tool heater that looks reaaaaaal good - and she didn't come
from Lee Valley neither!

Is this the real Mike Marlow answering this question? You're usually
the one that flees when sex enters the discussion.

Yeah - it's me. I know - I'm the quiet one here, but every once in a
while...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:50:45 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Yeah - it's me. I know - I'm the quiet one here, but every once in a
while...

So you're normal and have a dirty mind just like the rest of us. Only
thing is that we have to coax it out of you on occasion.

LMAO
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:50:45 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Yeah - it's me. I know - I'm the quiet one here, but every once in a
while...

So you're normal and have a dirty mind just like the rest of us. Only
thing is that we have to coax it out of you on occasion.

LMAO

What can I say? I'm shy...

--

-Mike-

new product qtheland Woodworking 0 February 24th 08 02:12 PM
Interesting....veddy interesting....OT of course. Rex Metalworking 11 November 16th 07 06:31 PM
Interesting....veddy interesting....OT of course. Rex Metalworking 0 November 8th 07 10:11 PM
Interesting product but where can you buy it in the UK? Mr Fizzion UK diy 4 August 9th 05 09:18 AM
Interesting new product... steamer Metalworking 2 July 26th 05 05:09 PM