Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
WoodChuck34

Default Metal Router Table Top

Has anyone ever tried a Steel or Aluminum top in their shop made
router table. I will probably go with MDF again, but I have a bunch
of friend who are sell metal. I'm guessing you wouldn't need to thick
of a guage to hang a router under there. 1/4" of steel plate or sheet
would probably be overkill. Not sure how much a 2' x 2' piece would
weigh though.

Just a random thought. My double laminated, double layers MDF top
sagged a bit and the rail and stiles on the doors I just make fit
accordingly. My fault for never building a proper stand. Saw horses
are good until you finish the cabinet, but not a long term solution.

Chuck