Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default kewl lampshade.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgsDW...Uk-qGuXDrnhFAx

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tom" was heard to mutter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgsDW...Uk-qGuXDrnhFAx

Ok, that's a very cool lampshade... but... omg what a waste of wood! I
would have tried to core the piece, at least partially.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/26/2012 12:23 PM, Casper wrote:
was heard to mutter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgsDW...Uk-qGuXDrnhFAx

Ok, that's a very cool lampshade... but... omg what a waste of wood! I
would have tried to core the piece, at least partially.

That was great, thanks Tom. As for waste of wood, it is pine, and was
headed for the fireplace, so instead of turning it into smoke and ash,
he turned it into something to enjoy for years.

I loved how he cut out the core support with the chainsaw, and the fact
he turned the sucker right from the log as cut. Cool stuff.

Very nice video and I'm thinking of turning some pine logs myself for
that project, but on a little smaller scale...

On an aside, I guess he wasn't using a face mask because the lathe
wasn't sold with one. Wonder if he got his head whacked off if he could
win a few mill from the lathe maker with the right scum sucking lawyer
and retarded court for not providing one at point of sale?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Kewl toy.. steamer Metalworking 1 January 26th 12 08:42 PM
Kewl website steamer Metalworking 2 December 27th 08 06:14 PM
Lampshade to fit fan [email protected] UK diy 2 September 16th 08 12:39 PM
Kewl new toy... steamer Woodturning 1 October 31st 06 02:31 AM
Infared Thermometer Use (kewl!) Stormin Mormon Home Repair 11 October 1st 05 01:45 PM