Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tape measure deals

Hey All:

I don't know how many of you are like me, but I hate all of the tape
measures on the market today. I don't want metric on one edge with SAE on
the other. I want SAE on both edges of the tape. I don't think or measure
in metric increments, so I don't want that taking up valuable space on my
tape. I hate it if I have to move my tape to mark a measurement, just
because there is some irrelevant markings along the edge I happened to drag
for marking.

Likewise - i can read a tape measure. I don't want and I don't like the
clutter of the new generation of idiot proof tapes that actually label 1/8,
1/4, 1/2, etc. for those that don't know how to read the simple marks on a
tape.

So... having stopped by the local Ace Hardware to pick up a tape for a
friend, wasn't I surprised to find a basic tape (25' Ace brand) - just 1/16"
ticks on both edges of the tape. No idiot stuff, no metric stuff. Fits
your hand nice, has a really nice positive lock that locks and unlocks
easily holds the tape firmly. The best part - only 7 bucks and change!
Hell - I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on a give away tape...

--

-Mike-

Measure without tape measure. Robatoy Woodworking 60 February 16th 08 07:31 AM
tape measure mohammad Woodworking 3 May 1st 06 07:13 PM
new use for a tape measure DOC Metalworking 8 November 4th 05 10:13 PM
Tape Measure Rip Off Sunworshipper Metalworking 4 January 26th 05 04:36 AM
Tom Gardner: another tape measure Joel Corwith Metalworking 2 November 28th 03 05:38 AM