Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Speaking of nail guns ... Second try

I few weeks ago I posted about my brad nailer leak problem.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/7u2vako

In that thread one tip was to grease everything but, I first got a new head
valve because the old one has damaged. It was like someone took a pair of
pliers to one of the seals and bent it out.

Well the new part didn't help and greasing the hell out of the head valve
didn't help either.

Any other ideas? I have since learned how nail guns work and I can't see
anything that's causing the problem.

My current solution is to add a ball valve to the gun so I don't have to
unplug it every time I stop for more than a minute.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/11/2012 2:22 PM, Cliff Hartle wrote:

Well the new part didn't help and greasing the hell out of the head valve
didn't help either.

OK, what are the symptoms now and which specific (I recall Bostitch, not
model) nailer? Hard to believe if had problem w/ the valve you replaced
described it didn't make any difference; if same symptoms as originally
must not have been the problem to begin with (sorta' an obvious there,
granted)....

The trigger assembly valve is the primary problem in most cases ime w/
my Bostitch--in fact, other than the hammer in a stapler once, it's the
only thing I've ever had to replace.

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

Yes its a Bostitch.

The symptoms are, as I pump up the air pressure, more and more air leaks out
the exhaust port. At 50 psi its almost non existent, a slight hiss. At 100
its like I have a 1/8" hole somewhere in the gun.

I was sure its was the one part because it was damaged.

This was not a gradual problem. I had a bad jam with a 2" brad and that's
when it started.

Speaking of nail guns ... Cliff Hartle[_2_] Woodworking 10 January 28th 12 12:05 AM
Nail guns Matty F UK diy 20 June 12th 10 08:14 AM
Nail Guns Don The Duck UK diy 5 May 26th 07 07:44 PM
Nail guns SBH Home Repair 56 January 5th 07 05:07 AM
Speaking of guns... steamer Metalworking 18 April 28th 06 03:41 PM