Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How about a Square Taper Adapter?

See the threaded adapter in the following photo:

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/im...86.html#image2

I can make those here... But I need an example or the specs on the square
taper size, length, etc.

Any known sources for such info?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 08:56:48 -0500, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

See the threaded adapter in the following photo:

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/im...86.html#image2

I can make those here... But I need an example or the specs on the square
taper size, length, etc.

Any known sources for such info?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Measuring one of my bits:

Taper is 3/8" on the flat at the widest point, 1-1/4" long and tapers
to 7/32" at the narrowest point. I don't think the exact dimensions
are critical.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

Measuring one of my bits:

Taper is 3/8" on the flat at the widest point, 1-1/4" long and tapers
to 7/32" at the narrowest point. I don't think the exact dimensions
are critical.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Jack - Perfect! Thank you.

I'll be making some parts shortly and testing.

Much appreciated.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/16/2011 8:56 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
See the threaded adapter in the following photo:

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/im...86.html#image2

I can make those here... But I need an example or the specs on the square
taper size, length, etc.

Your goal would be to allow people to use more modern bits in a bit
brace? I'm certainly not knowledgeable enough to say, but it doesn't
seem to me that most of the bits we would use with electric drills would
be well suited to a bit brace. I remember using them as a kid
occasionally with my Dad.

You know what could be really handy in a location with no electricity?
Those "push drills", or whatever they were called. Before cordless
tools, those were awfully handy for drilling pilot holes, and for
driving the screws, for that matter.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/16/11 11:53 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
You know what could be really handy in a location with no electricity?
Those "push drills", or whatever they were called.

Yankee screwdriver.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/16/2011 1:08 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/16/11 11:53 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
You know what could be really handy in a location with no electricity?
Those "push drills", or whatever they were called.

Yankee screwdriver.

My Dad had a few and loved them. A couple of them were all chrome with
special bits that stored in the handle. Small, portable and never need
charging. I may have to dig around and find those, even for my own use.
But working with no power? Those would really be a blessing.