Andy Jeffries

Default Newbie question: How to make finger joint cut

It cost about 30 pounds from B&Q (UK) so I guess it must be Performance
Power.

Sorry, I didn't pick up on the UK. Nothing that happens in the UK would
surprise me--it's always been a mystery to me how any country that can
produce such mechanical marvels as the E-Jaguar and the Supermarine
Spitfire can also produce such horrors as the saw without a cutting depth
adjustment that you describe.

LOL!!!

It really is a "Bench Saw" as I stated rather than a "Table Saw".

In the US a "Bench Saw" is just a saw small enough to be placed on a
workbench for use and then put back on the floor or shelf when bench space
is needed.

Yeah, it's odd - I've just ordered the one I mentioned from Axminster
and that's considered a bench saw (although it looks a world away from
what I'm used to).

I'll take a photo of my old one before I bin it/give it away...

Any opinion on these saws would be appreciated; unless the opinion is
"waste of money, you need to spend 500 pounds at least" - remember what
I'm currently using guys!!! I'm sure the Perform (axminster link above)
table saw sounds a billion times better...

Sorry, no real opinion on those, other than that if it has a cutting depth
adjustment it's got to be an improvement over what you have.

Yep, has a depth adjustment. The best bit is that it has a mitre slide
:-) And a maximum cutting depth of 80odd millimiters as opposed to a
fixed cutting depth of 43mm...

Getting excited.....

Cheers,

Andy