Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Recommendations for sandpaper brand for ROS

Any recommendations for a good brand of hook & loop sandpaper to use in
my 5" ROS?

Until now, I used the Norton brand sold at the local big box. But they
no longer carry Norton, which led me to wonder what brand gives a good
combination of quality and economy.

I noticed that Mirka seems to get good reviews on Amazon.

I want to avoid the cheap Chinese stuff that doesn't last but I also
don't need to overpay for just a minimal improvement in durability.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"blueman" wrote:

Any recommendations for a good brand of hook & loop sandpaper to use
in
my 5" ROS?

-------------------------
Klingspor

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 26, 8:52*pm, blueman wrote:
Any recommendations for a good brand of hook & loop sandpaper to use in
my 5" ROS?

Until now, I used the Norton brand sold at the local big box. But they
no longer carry Norton, which led me to wonder what brand gives a good
combination of quality and economy.

I noticed that Mirka seems to get good reviews on Amazon.

I want to avoid the cheap Chinese stuff that doesn't last but I also
don't need to overpay for just a minimal improvement in durability.

mirka - it lasts forever
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 26, 5:52*pm, blueman wrote:
Any recommendations for a good brand of hook & loop sandpaper to use in
my 5" ROS?

Until now, I used the Norton brand sold at the local big box. But they
no longer carry Norton, which led me to wonder what brand gives a good
combination of quality and economy.

I noticed that Mirka seems to get good reviews on Amazon.

I want to avoid the cheap Chinese stuff that doesn't last but I also
don't need to overpay for just a minimal improvement in durability.

Fine wood working did a review in one of the last few issues. Don't
recall the outcome but hard to gr wrong with Nort or Mirk.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Fine wood working did a review in one of the last few issues. Don't
recall the outcome but hard to gr wrong with Nort or Mirk.

_VERY_ limited sample size, however.

Or Klingspor...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Fine wood working did a review in one of the last few issues. Don't
recall the outcome but hard to gr wrong with Nort or Mirk.

Just saw that they re-ran the article in the FWW tools issue. They say
Klingspor V900 or something like that.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 26, 7:52*pm, blueman wrote:
Any recommendations for a good brand of hook & loop sandpaper to use in
my 5" ROS?

Until now, I used the Norton brand sold at the local big box. But they
no longer carry Norton, which led me to wonder what brand gives a good
combination of quality and economy.

I noticed that Mirka seems to get good reviews on Amazon.

I want to avoid the cheap Chinese stuff that doesn't last but I also
don't need to overpay for just a minimal improvement in durability.

I have had good luck with Norton myself but I haven't relied on the
big box stores for some time. Find a local industrial supply store.
Some are chains (Fastenal for example); the best ones are usually
locally operated. I buy disks and sheet sandpaper, in larger quantity
and at a much better price than the usual retail shops. Generally if
an industrial supply shop sells a product you will have choices, and
it is us usually of good quality. Ditto other items and supplies such
as band saw blades and tires, certain tools, etc.

You can usually look in Yellow Pages under "Industrial Supply".

RonB