Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finally: a Dust Collector!

I traded a couple peripherals I wasn't using any more plus $70 (tax
included) for a Delta AP400 roll around dust collector. It looks to be
is really good shape.

Someone must have used it for some drywall work, as there's sheetrock
dust around the collars and the bag, so I'm going to take it apart for a
good cleaning and probably wash the bags and filters.

I know this is a low end model and not powerful enough for long,
multiple runs, so I'll probably set it up close to the CMS and RAS and
roll it out to the big power tools when I use them. I'm just excited to
have something better than the shop vac for dust collection.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/15/2011 10:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I traded a couple peripherals I wasn't using any more plus $70 (tax
included) for a Delta AP400 roll around dust collector. It looks to be
is really good shape.

Someone must have used it for some drywall work, as there's sheetrock
dust around the collars and the bag, so I'm going to take it apart for a
good cleaning and probably wash the bags and filters.

I know this is a low end model and not powerful enough for long,
multiple runs, so I'll probably set it up close to the CMS and RAS and
roll it out to the big power tools when I use them. I'm just excited to
have something better than the shop vac for dust collection.

The hook has been set... Shocking how much cleaner the shop is with a
dust collector.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/15/11 11:03 PM, Leon wrote:
The hook has been set... Shocking how much cleaner the shop is with a
dust collector.

Looking forward to that.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
I traded a couple peripherals I wasn't using any more plus $70 (tax
included) for a Delta AP400 roll around dust collector. It looks to
be is really good shape.

Someone must have used it for some drywall work, as there's sheetrock
dust around the collars and the bag, so I'm going to take it apart
for a good cleaning and probably wash the bags and filters.

I know this is a low end model and not powerful enough for long,
multiple runs, so I'll probably set it up close to the CMS and RAS and
roll it out to the big power tools when I use them.

I'm just excited
to have something better than the shop vac for dust collection.

I don't blame you...the difference is night and day.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

-MIKE- wrote in :

I traded a couple peripherals I wasn't using any more plus $70 (tax
included) for a Delta AP400 roll around dust collector. It looks to be
is really good shape.

Someone must have used it for some drywall work, as there's sheetrock
dust around the collars and the bag, so I'm going to take it apart for a
good cleaning and probably wash the bags and filters.

I know this is a low end model and not powerful enough for long,
multiple runs, so I'll probably set it up close to the CMS and RAS and
roll it out to the big power tools when I use them. I'm just excited to
have something better than the shop vac for dust collection.

I'm too lazy to look upwhat kind of DC this is. I doadvise to put a
cyclone separator before the DC. Just a metal garbage can and lid with a
tangential inlet and centered outlet will do it. Or you can buy a lid ...

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 16, 6:06*am, Han wrote:

I'm too lazy to look upwhat kind of DC this is. *I doadvise to put a
cyclone separator before the DC. *Just a metal garbage can and lid with a
tangential inlet and centered outlet will do it. *Or you can buy a lid ....

I'll second this whole-heatedly. I bought the Grizzly G1028Z, which
is similar to yours, last fall and it came one of the trash-can
separators. The separator is the best part of the deal because it
keeps you from having to remove the bag (not all that easy). I get
about 1-15 trash cans full of debris before I have to pull the bag
off. It also keeps hard, heavy objects out of your impeller.

And - NO you cannot put a garbage bag in the trash can to make
emptying easier! It is hard to dig the shredded bag out of the
blower.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 23:03:44 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 11/15/2011 10:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I traded a couple peripherals I wasn't using any more plus $70 (tax
included) for a Delta AP400 roll around dust collector. It looks to be
is really good shape.

Someone must have used it for some drywall work, as there's sheetrock
dust around the collars and the bag, so I'm going to take it apart for a
good cleaning and probably wash the bags and filters.

I know this is a low end model and not powerful enough for long,
multiple runs, so I'll probably set it up close to the CMS and RAS and
roll it out to the big power tools when I use them. I'm just excited to
have something better than the shop vac for dust collection.

The hook has been set... Shocking how much cleaner the shop is with a
dust collector.

What? You're not even touting Festools today? I read the leadin and
then you stopped. Hmmm, very uncharacteristic of you, Leon.

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 16 Nov 2011 12:06:18 GMT, Han wrote:

-MIKE- wrote in :

I traded a couple peripherals I wasn't using any more plus $70 (tax
included) for a Delta AP400 roll around dust collector. It looks to be
is really good shape.

Someone must have used it for some drywall work, as there's sheetrock
dust around the collars and the bag, so I'm going to take it apart for a
good cleaning and probably wash the bags and filters.

I know this is a low end model and not powerful enough for long,
multiple runs, so I'll probably set it up close to the CMS and RAS and
roll it out to the big power tools when I use them. I'm just excited to
have something better than the shop vac for dust collection.

I'm too lazy to look upwhat kind of DC this is. I doadvise to put a
cyclone separator before the DC. Just a metal garbage can and lid with a
tangential inlet and centered outlet will do it. Or you can buy a lid ...

My lid came free with the Griz 1029 DC, so all I needed to buy was the
metal can.

I'm wondering if I should ground...

bseg

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 16, 7:36*am, RonB wrote:
On Nov 16, 6:06*am, Han wrote:

I'm too lazy to look upwhat kind of DC this is. *I doadvise to put a
cyclone separator before the DC. *Just a metal garbage can and lid with a
tangential inlet and centered outlet will do it. *Or you can buy a lid ...

I'll second this whole-heatedly. * I bought the Grizzly G1028Z, which
is similar to yours, last fall and it came one of the trash-can
separators. *The separator is the best part of the deal because it
keeps you from having to remove the bag (not all that easy). *I get
about 1-15 trash cans full of debris before I have to pull the bag
off. *It also keeps hard, heavy objects out of your impeller.

And - NO you cannot put a garbage bag in the trash can to make
emptying easier! *It is hard to dig the shredded bag out of the
blower.

RonB

Correction - 10-15 trash cans....
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I'm wondering if I should ground...

I think you should.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Han wrote in news:Xns9F9F9B19D4E26ikkezelf@
216.151.153.163:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I'm wondering if I should ground...

I think you should.

small smirk

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/11 2:14 PM, Han wrote:
Larry wrote in
:

I'm wondering if I should ground...

I think you should.

Yes, for the infamous dust collector explosion that has never been
documented nor witnessed. :-)

(where's my popcorn?)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/11 2:15 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:Xns9F9F9B19D4E26ikkezelf@
216.151.153.163:

Larry wrote in
:

I'm wondering if I should ground...

I think you should.

small smirk

D'OH!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message ...

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I'm wondering if I should ground...

I think you should.

Yes indeed. Ground it to the mailbox.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in
m:

"Han" wrote in message

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I'm wondering if I should ground...

I think you should.

Yes indeed. Ground it to the mailbox.

For safety's sake, don't use anything conductive. Conductive things
conduct electricity which could kill you!

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yes, for the infamous dust collector explosion that has never been
documented nor witnessed. *:-)

True that probabability of explosion is remote at best. However, you
can get a really great zap which isn't nice.

I am sure lots o' people are aware of Bill Pentz, the guru of dust
collecting. I used the anti-static method he mentions here on his site
and have never had a single shock. Scroll down to section F.
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyc...ticElectricity

Awesome site by the way. Pretty much everything (and I mean
everything) you could ever want to know about dust collection.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ground it with an insulated material.

You weren't grounded enough as a kid.

eb.com...