Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop space available: Oakley, California

I am renting two workbench spaces in my well equipped woodworking
workshop in Oakley, California.
See pics and info he http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

Renters get their own 10’ x 10’ workbench space and access to all the
equipment for $350 per month.
The shop is intended for artisans, hobbyists or finish carpenter/
tradesmen. The shop is best equipped for furniture making but you
could do cabinets, small fine work, etc.

We are not offering these spaces for any high production or
manufacturing work that will stress the machinery with continuous
operation type processes. Renters will be able to store wood material
and leave in-process projects in areas outside their workbench space
but no large amount of storage is available.

The shop is only open from 6:00 AM until midnight, 365 days a year.

If you are interested and would like more information please send your
contact information to Bill Wallace at bwx100 AT Yahoo DOT com
Posted to rec.woodworking

If you are interested and would like more information please send your
contact information to Bill Wallace at bwx100 AT Yahoo DOT com

Oh, man. I'm in Dixon, which is just too far to justify the cost. But
If I was close enough, I'd be on this like Mays on a fastball.

What I really need is a space ~22' X 8' ft to finish my wherry:

http://www.merrywherry.com/merry.html

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

What I really need is a space ~22' X 8' ft to finish my wherry:

http://www.merrywherry.com/merry.html

-Zz

Good looking boat. Get too it!

If I didn't need/want help with the rent I would be building my first
Chriscraft runabout in the space I an renting out. Probably won't
build one until I retire but I will build and float a few of those
before I am done.

http://www.boatdesigns.com/Miss-Chris/products/749/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:34:43 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

[...]

What insurance setup allows that? What price increase over your own
use? What company?

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Posted to rec.woodworking

See pics and info hehttp://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....ent&view=categ...

[...]

you don't need them anymore. * * * * * -- Michael Patrick King- Hide quoted text -

State Farm right now but I am looking at another company. Didn't have
my own before, I was in my garage so only home owners but I am renting
this barn. My laywer also suggested an LLC as a second layer of
protection so that is in process.

Posted to rec.woodworking

If I didn't need/want help with the rent I would be building my first
Chriscraft runabout in the space I an renting out. Probably won't
build one until I retire but I will build and float a few of those
before I am done.

http://www.boatdesigns.com/Miss-Chris/products/749/

I posted pics of my first boat on ABPW.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

Zz Yzx wrote:
If you are interested and would like more information please send your
contact information to Bill Wallace at bwx100 AT Yahoo DOT com

Oh, man. I'm in Dixon, which is just too far to justify the cost. But
If I was close enough, I'd be on this like Mays on a fastball.

What I really need is a space ~22' X 8' ft to finish my wherry:

http://www.merrywherry.com/merry.html

-Zzv

I looked at the site. Very nice looking boat. But what is composite
Chine?

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Let X = 42

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:07:13 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

wrote:
I am renting two workbench spaces in my well equipped woodworking
workshop in Oakley, California.
See pics and info hehttp://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....ent&view=categ...

The shop is only open from 6:00 AM until midnight, 365 days a year.

Who's there to let them in, or will you give out keys?

If you are interested and would like more information please send your
contact information to Bill Wallace at bwx100 AT Yahoo DOT com

What insurance setup allows that? *What price increase over your own
use? *What company?

State Farm right now but I am looking at another company. Didn't have
my own before, I was in my garage so only home owners but I am renting
this barn. My laywer also suggested an LLC as a second layer of
protection so that is in process.

Back when I wrenched for a body and frame shop in LoCal, they used to
refer to those guys as Snake Farm. Lots of their clients ended up
paying the shop out of their pockets for disallowed items, etc.
Snake Farm wasn't very well liked as a result.

If you're renting the barn, you'd also better plan how you'll handle
irate renters if the renting party decided they want twice the price
for it, or decides they want to rent it to someone else.

Yes, the LLC sounds like a very good idea. It won't entirely protect
you, or so I've heard, but it may save your home some day.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Zz Yzx wrote in
news
If I didn't need/want help with the rent I would be building my first
Chriscraft runabout in the space I an renting out. Probably won't
build one until I retire but I will build and float a few of those
before I am done.

http://www.boatdesigns.com/Miss-Chris/products/749/

I posted pics of my first boat on ABPW.

-Zz

Very good-looking. I liked the driver also!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.merrywherry.com/merry.html

-Zzv

I looked at the site. Very nice looking boat. But what is composite
Chine?

A "chine" is a sharp angle in the hull, as opposed to a rounded
cross-section profile. The hull is built from precisely milled 1/8"
plywood planks, which are attached to each other using
"Stitch-and-Glue" techinque. The planks are drilled along the edges
and literally stiched together with bailing wire, and the fit is tuned
by the tension of the stiches. The chines are then filled with West
epoxy resin with a fine powder filling, and subsequently strengthened
with fiberglass cloth and epoxy.

It's a pretty amazing system. THe epoxy resin is amazing stuff.

-Zz

Posted to rec.woodworking

Who's there to let them in, or will you give out keys?

Renters get full access so yes they have keys.

If you're renting the barn, you'd also better plan how you'll handle
irate renters if the renting party decided they want twice the price
for it, or decides they want to rent it to someone else.

I have a lease but I am renting to others on month to month. I made
sure my landlord was OK if I was sub-leasing before I signed; they
added a few items to my contract and we were good to go.