Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shop space

Is anyone aware of any businesses or co-op's where a person can go in
and use woodworking, metal, or other types of tools and machinery for
personal or hobby use. A place designed for the person that doesn't
have the cash, space, or need for specialize tools but does like to
work with their hands. Any information would be appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Boettcher

On 29 Jan 2006 08:50:53 -0800, "
wrote:

Is anyone aware of any businesses or co-op's where a person can go in
and use woodworking, metal, or other types of tools and machinery for
personal or hobby use. A place designed for the person that doesn't
have the cash, space, or need for specialize tools but does like to
work with their hands. Any information would be appreciated.

Years ago, when I lived in Tulsa, the community college had non credit
night courses for things like auto body, woodworking, etc. The word
course didn't really describe what went on. You were mainly paying
for the right to use the facility one night a week for three hours.
An instructor was there only to answer questions or give advice.

I took the auto body course and restored a truck. Many people just
kept taking it over and over to do multiple vehicles.

Check with your community colleges and high school votech to see if
they have an adult eductation program. A high school in an area I
lived had a night woodworking program.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob

My previous employers allowed me to. The biggest problem is public
liability insurance etc etc.

Also depends on what country/state you are in!

wrote:

Is anyone aware of any businesses or co-op's where a person can go in
and use woodworking, metal, or other types of tools and machinery for
personal or hobby use. A place designed for the person that doesn't
have the cash, space, or need for specialize tools but does like to
work with their hands. Any information would be appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair
James

Yes, there is one in Alaska. I heard there was one in New Zealand as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is anyone aware of any businesses or co-op's where a person can go in
and use woodworking, metal, or other types of tools and machinery for
personal or hobby use. A place designed for the person that doesn't
have the cash, space, or need for specialize tools but does like to
work with their hands. Any information would be appreciated.

There once was a auto repair facility near me. That you could rent a space
and tools. But it was outside and the storms and dirt that fly's around
stopped me from using it. Seemed pricey to me at the time.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

When you want to post in more than one newsgroup, PLEASE
Cross-post instead of multi-posing as you have done! Google will
tell you all about it. So will any newsgroup FAQ.

oups.com...
: