Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Shop: So Proud

I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
:

I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....t&view=categor
y&id=23&Itemid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Congrats!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

MAN, do you suck... so bad!!!!!!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 14, 11:12*am, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....ent&view=categ....

(major suckage sounds)
Congratulations! Looks super!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:12:09 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Cool. Question: Do you use a respirator when working in the shop? If
not, I suggest putting felt bags or HEPA filters on the big Griz dust
collector.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:12:09 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39
I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

You suck. Why isn't there someone like you up in the Toronto, Canada
area? I've been looking for a space to rent/share for a number of
years.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Looks great. ^5. Wish I and my shop were that organized.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Absolutely enviable! Congratulation on a well organized, well thought
out setup. You sucketh majorly!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Do you use a respirator when working in the shop?

Sometimes use a 3M respirator. Good idea I'll look into better
filters. That 3hp griz is a work horse.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 13, 7:12*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....ent&view=categ....

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

NICE!!!! Enjoy your time there....but where is the coffee machine and
stereo?
....and stay safe.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:57:42 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

Do you use a respirator when working in the shop?

Sometimes use a 3M respirator. Good idea I'll look into better
filters. That 3hp griz is a work horse.

My 1.5hp Griz is a workhorse, too. The cyclone, in the trash can
before the DC, is a great bag saver, too. Buy or build one for your
setup and make a quick-change station to dump the bulk easily.

That air cleaner is a joke when you look at the CFM difference between
it and the DC. It would^H^H^H^H^H might clean a 1-car garage in a
couple hours...if there weren't any work going on.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Looks good. You will be able to build almost anything in that shop. I like
the Sawstop. Looks nice with table extension. Have you used the Sawstop
yet? How do you like it?

Where are you going to put the bar and big screen TV? :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Do you use a respirator when working in the shop?

Sometimes use a 3M respirator. Good idea I'll look into better
filters. That 3hp griz is a work horse.

My 1.5hp Griz is a workhorse, too. *The cyclone, in the trash can
before the DC, is a great bag saver, too. *Buy or build one for your
setup and make a quick-change station to dump the bulk easily.

That air cleaner is a joke when you look at the CFM difference between
it and the DC. It would^H^H^H^H^H might clean a 1-car garage in a
couple hours...if there weren't any work going on.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. * * * * * -- Michael Patrick King

I have a cyclone lid for a large garbage can on wheels. I can add it
inline on most machines because they have quick connects. I have two
air cleaners and they do clear the air quickly if you have been
sweeping or sanding. I checked the filtesr after just a few hours any
they are catching a lot.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 13, 7:16*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 13, 7:12*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....ent&view=categ...

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

NICE!!!! Enjoy your time there....but where is the coffee machine and
stereo?
...and stay safe.

Coffe pot is in the bathroom/kitchen behind the drills. Crappy little
stereo is in my personal area but better unit on the way.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 13, 8:04*pm, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....ent&view=categ...

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Looks good. *You will be able to build almost anything in that shop. *I like
the Sawstop. *Looks nice with table extension. *Have you used the Sawstop
yet? *How do you like it?

Where are you going to put the bar and big screen TV? *:-)

I have been using the Sawstop some. I need to get some Boeshield soon.
I really like it so far. I haven't squared the blade to the top yet
but even so, out of the box it cuts very well.

I really like the blade guard, palls, riving knife and overhead dust
collector. I leave it on for everything down to about an inch. Never
used anything on my last saw so that feels good. It is really quick to
take off or change to the riving knife only. Internally they have a
different design than the traditional gibs it is really smooth action
raising/lowering, etc.. I am only a bit concerned how long it might
take to switch over to a dado because you have to swap out the brake
also, but I'll be trying that in a few days.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:09:51 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

That means your lungs are catching the rest. And those filters are
probably 10 micron, catching the more visible dust, not the smaller
and sub-micron stuff which will kill you. I have a felt bag but still
wear my respirator when I work in the shop with power tools. I did my
lungs enough damage when I worked as a wrench, with chemicals and dust
and exhausts. I'm a lot more careful now, and still healthy as a
result.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Posted to rec.woodworking

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

There is one glaring error with your shop...

....you built it in California. It would have been *SO* much better if it
were close to me

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

That means your lungs are catching the rest. *And those filters are
probably 10 micron, catching the more visible dust, not the smaller
and sub-micron stuff which will kill you. *I have a felt bag but still

"The JDS Air-Tech will effectively remove 99% of the particles in the
air that are 5 micron in size or larger. It will effectively remove
91% of the particles as small as 1 micron in size."

It circulates at 2,450 CFM. I have 2 so I am cleaning 5,000 CFM.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Congratulations! I, like most everyone else here, am familiar with how
much is required to get all of the pieces into place.

Bill
(from central Indiana)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay, SF
bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Way too clean to be a real shop - yup - think it's photo shopped!!

Congrats - it looks great - I'm envious.

Vic

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:12:23 -0800 (PST), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

That means your lungs are catching the rest. *And those filters are
probably 10 micron, catching the more visible dust, not the smaller
and sub-micron stuff which will kill you. *I have a felt bag but still

"The JDS Air-Tech will effectively remove 99% of the particles in the
air that are 5 micron in size or larger. It will effectively remove
91% of the particles as small as 1 micron in size."

It circulates at 2,450 CFM. I have 2 so I am cleaning 5,000 CFM.

Oh! They filter better and process much more volume than I had
thought. But they still don't do the job your lungs need them to do.
Even with those running, I wouldn't want to work in your shop without
a respirator, but that's my choice. YMMV.

I'm sure they clear the sweeping dust quickly. Don't you have a
sweeper head for the DC? I love mine. It's much easier than sweeping
and cleaning up. I should use it some day soon...

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm sure they clear the sweeping dust quickly. *Don't you have a
sweeper head for the DC? *I love mine. *It's much easier than sweeping
and cleaning up. *I should use it some day soon...

I worry about "sweeping" with my dust collector for fear of getting a
screw, nail, brad or other metal bits causing sparks when they hit the
impeller.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
:

I'm sure they clear the sweeping dust quickly. *Don't you have a
sweeper head for the DC? *I love mine. *It's much easier than sweeping
and cleaning up. *I should use it some day soon...

I worry about "sweeping" with my dust collector for fear of getting a
screw, nail, brad or other metal bits causing sparks when they hit the
impeller.

That's what the garbage can cyclone is for ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Vic Baron wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do
production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out
of large piles of wood once again.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....23&I temid=39

I will be renting space to a few lucky folks in may area (east bay,
SF bay area) so watch for that listing also.

Way too clean to be a real shop - yup - think it's photo shopped!!

Obviously! The give-away was all of the empty flat surfaces... Clearly
nobody really utilizes that shop space...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

That's what the garbage can cyclone is for ...

good point
Posted to rec.woodworking

Way too clean to be a real shop - yup - think it's photo shopped!!

Obviously! *The give-away was all of the empty flat surfaces... *Clearly
nobody really utilizes that shop space...

--

-Mike-

I just finished placing all the machines and routing all the
electrical and dust collection. There is some sawdust on the floor
from the the wood storage I just built because I had to cut some
pieces with a skill saw and miter saw that doesn't have a dust box yet
but most of the dust was sucked up by the Sawstop.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 14 Nov 2011 20:27:43 GMT, Han wrote:

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
:

I'm sure they clear the sweeping dust quickly. *Don't you have a
sweeper head for the DC? *I love mine. *It's much easier than sweeping
and cleaning up. *I should use it some day soon...

I worry about "sweeping" with my dust collector for fear of getting a
screw, nail, brad or other metal bits causing sparks when they hit the
impeller.

That's what the garbage can cyclone is for ...

Perzactly.

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
Way too clean to be a real shop - yup - think it's photo shopped!!

Obviously! The give-away was all of the empty flat surfaces... Clearly
nobody really utilizes that shop space...

--

-Mike-

I just finished placing all the machines and routing all the
electrical and dust collection. There is some sawdust on the floor
from the the wood storage I just built because I had to cut some
pieces with a skill saw and miter saw that doesn't have a dust box yet
but most of the dust was sucked up by the Sawstop.

That's your story and you're sticking to it!

Well, you sucketh big time!!