Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight Drill Press Table

It took the guys 15 minutes to find one in the back room but they did
have it in stock.

They are so easy to make that I never wanted to pay for one but for
$35 I figured what the heck. http://www.harborfreight.com/drill-p...nce-96395.html

Yes a little small for a full sized drill press but good for a lot
(most) of my work.

The attachments to lock it to the drill press table were too close
together for my porter cable drill press so I redrilled and counter-
bored them easily and moved them out a few inches.

They are the standard locking bar attachments and provide a good solid
attachment to the table and now the fence hold down knob at the top of
the fence is 100% in alignment with the drill press handle. Pretty
much impossible to use unless pushed all the way back.

1. I will re-position the table attachments a few inches offset to one
side.

2. I will probably flip the fence over to put the sliding channel for
the stop block at the bottom and rip the fence shorter and get shorter
hold down bolts to be sure I always have clearance for the drill press
handle. Good ideas to use when I build a bigger mega table.