Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

Default OT Ping Swingman sketchup

Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for iPad.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/mai...3d-controller/

Rgds,
Phil.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 03:31:57 GMT, wrote:

Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for iPad.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/mai...3d-controller/

Five bucks? I think he can afford that app and will buy it.
Pretty cool.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is
necessary that he should not only be capable
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, lid wrote:
Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for iPad.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/mai...3d-controller/

That is pretty damn cool. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/16/2011 8:29 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, lid wrote:
Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for iPad.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/mai...3d-controller/

That is pretty damn cool. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

Are you still using your Space Navigator?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/16/2011 9:06 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/16/2011 8:29 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, lid wrote:
Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for iPad.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/mai...3d-controller/

That is pretty damn cool. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

Are you still using your Space Navigator?

Oh hell yeah! And this thing won't replace it.

Maide doesn't work very will with my old laptop, but the idea is great.
AAMOF, just being to take a photo of a position is worth the price of
admission.

I'm thinking an upgrade to a new laptop will probably solve the issues
I've had with it, slow, jerky, latency unacceptable.

That said, this thing has great potential and is definitely a keeper.
With future upgrades, it will get better.

Thanks again to Phil for the heads-up.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/16/2011 7:02 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/16/2011 9:06 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/16/2011 8:29 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, lid wrote:
Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for
iPad.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/mai...3d-controller/

That is pretty damn cool. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

Are you still using your Space Navigator?

Oh hell yeah! And this thing won't replace it.

Maide doesn't work very will with my old laptop, but the idea is great.
AAMOF, just being to take a photo of a position is worth the price of
admission.

I actually was most impressed by the photo part myself.

I'm thinking an upgrade to a new laptop will probably solve the issues
I've had with it, slow, jerky, latency unacceptable.

Cutlist plus has a new update and it is crazy fast now. I don't even
see any thing happen the results just instantly appear. I had no
problem with the speed before but it is much faster now.

That said, this thing has great potential and is definitely a keeper.
With future upgrades, it will get better.

It is certainly a bargain.

Thanks again to Phil for the heads-up.

Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

Swingman wrote:
On 10/16/2011 9:06 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/16/2011 8:29 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, lid wrote:
Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for iPad.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/mai...3d-controller/

Thanks again to Phil for the heads-up.

NP swingmam enjoy reading your posts so thought you might like this.

Rgds,
Phil.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Ping Swingman sketchup: Update

On 10/16/2011 7:02 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/16/2011 9:06 AM, Leon wrote:
On 10/16/2011 8:29 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, lid wrote:
Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for
iPad.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/mai...3d-controller/

Maide doesn't work very will with my old laptop, but the idea is great.
AAMOF, just being to take a photo of a position is worth the price of
admission.

Not ready for prime time, at least on a Windows machine. Still too
jerky, and a photo can only be taken on the primary monitor, so you have
to set your display settings every time you use it, which is still a hit
and miss proposition with Windows 7.

Be interested in hearing input from someone using a Mac.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Swingman - Ping Me Lee Michaels[_3_] Woodworking 2 June 19th 11 09:48 PM
Ping: Swingman [OT] Morris Dovey Woodworking 13 May 23rd 10 12:36 PM
SketchUp Web Query (Swingman?) Morris Dovey Woodworking 14 December 27th 08 03:51 PM
ping swingman SHOPDOG Woodworking 1 March 6th 08 08:42 PM
PING: Swingman [email protected] Woodworking 2 March 29th 06 01:07 PM