Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ping swingman

Thanks for the Vista newsgroups help. I was able to do exactly what you
suggested and get into the news groups that way..
Thanks

RICH

AKA shopdog

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SHOPDOG" wrote in message
Thanks for the Vista newsgroups help. I was able to do exactly what you
suggested and get into the news groups that way..
Thanks

You're more than welcome. I used "Windows Mail" for a while, then switched
to "Windows Live Mail" as my e-mail client of choice on my laptop, as it
works more like OE6 than "Windows Mail".

I still use OE on my desktop running Win2K.

"Windows Live Mail" is probably the better Vista mail client overall, but it
has its irritations/limitations and some of the functionality of OE 6 is
simply not present (like the ability to change the "View" with a menu
button, instead of having to go to the View Menu and making a selection);
and its added "features" (like the "Storage" folder) seems overkill. I also
don't like the "Quick View" of all unread mail and newsgroup messages, but
you can choose not to use it.

All in all, it is not, IMO, an improvement in "functionality" over OE, which
was all the mail/newsgroup message client I ever needed, and, instead, the
"improvements" in "Windows Live Mail" seem to be 'bells and whistles'
cosmetic.

Then again, I'm one of those who has tried every e-mail client known to
mankind, including co-writing the very first Windows mail client for FidoNet
back in the BBS days, and have always gone back to OE.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07