Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Seeking Wood Working Clubs in East Texas

I recently moved out from CA, and I don't know anybody who does any
kind of wood working. In fact I have met very few folks because of the
truly rural setting we've settled into. So: does anybody know of a
club meeting (from Greenville, TX up to Paris, TX)? I live in Ben
Franklin, TX so anywhere is going to be kind of a long drive.
Any reply or response would be welcome.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

A google search for 'TEXAS WOODWORKING CLUB' returned 3 million hits. Here's
one of them that may be what you need.

http://www.woodworkingclubs.com/

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:25:31 -0700 (PDT), Roger
wrote:

I recently moved out from CA, and I don't know anybody who does any
kind of wood working. In fact I have met very few folks because of the
truly rural setting we've settled into. So: does anybody know of a
club meeting (from Greenville, TX up to Paris, TX)? I live in Ben
Franklin, TX so anywhere is going to be kind of a long drive.
Any reply or response would be welcome.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Don't know about woodworking clubs, but the military base in Hooks, Tx
often has nice looking surplus tools (online viewing or you may be
near enough for personal inspection), should you need some equipment.
Might be worth your effort to keep an eye on those prospects.
Home page: http://www.govliquidation.com/
Machinery/Woodworking: http://www.govliquidation.com/list/c7275/lna/1.html

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

And here's more stuff in Garland, Tx (just north of Dallas):
http://irsauctions.com/index_lots.as...tails&id=15332

Sonny