Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A couple of new signs I made

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Nice, the Sarino one looks more interesting from a technique point of view.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Robatoy wrote in news:97c20118-ce23-4d8f-bf67-
:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Nice!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Have noticed that all your signs have a very unique appeal to them. Well
done!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote in news:97c20118-ce23-4d8f-bf67-
:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

We don't have many golf and curling clubs around here.

Look nice! I bet they are a lot lighter than countertops.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 13, 11:03*am, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
Robatoy wrote in news:97c20118-ce23-4d8f-bf67-
:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

We don't have many golf and curling clubs around here.

Look nice! *I bet they are a lot lighter than countertops.

Hey... I don't even install the signs, but yes.. a LOT lighter. I can
throw around a 4x8x1.5" sheet of HDU all day and not feel the thing.
BTW, the decorating decisions, colour are not mine to make. I
design the basic shapes and layout and cut them on the router.
That is what I get paid for so I can put some money away for a motor
home.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 13, 8:13*am, Swingman wrote:
On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Have noticed that all your signs have a very unique appeal to them. Well
done!

The signs which are installed all over the city now, are selling
themselves based on the 'dimensional' look.
I am working towards bolder designs and hoping to learn from the
master himself, Dan Sawatzky from http://imaginationcorporation.com/
He's based in BC, in the interior and he holds workshops a couple of
times a year.
The guy is nuts. Serious software savvy and cnc savvy PLUS a great
team of artists.
Just a big kid...LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:49:42 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

What substrate? Cut from one piece or laminated logo and golf club
sections?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

Hah! You're efficient up in Canuckistan, aren't you? Golf in the
summer, curling in the winter--at the same facility. Bravo!
How are these fastened onto the rock?

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

The signs and painting look good.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/13/2011 12:49 AM, Robatoy wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

I'm surprised you can't get "Golf and Curling Club" signs off-the-shelf.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

What substrate? *Cut from one piece or laminated logo and golf club
sections?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

Hah! *You're efficient up in Canuckistan, aren't you? *Golf in the
summer, curling in the winter--at the same facility. *Bravo!
How are these fastened onto the rock?

They're screwed to a slab of marine ply which is TapCon'd to the stone
using shims for flatness.
Then Dave mixes up some matching paint (to the rock) and then uses
stainless screws to attack the signage to the boards. Countersunk and
filled, then spot painted. He photographs the screw locations before
hiding them, in case the sign gets damaged and needs to be repaired.

This might be of some interest to you...a collector and restorer of
antique British sports cars wants me to make some dashboards for him.
He is handing me the slabs, veneers and .dxf files. So I bought a
vacuum pump, am building a control circuit for the pump and making
myself a vacuum bag. I have a lot of homework to do on finishing those
re; weather , cold, heat etc.
Exotic wood, British sports cars, a CNC, and he brews his own
ales...dayum, life can be rough.

Truer words were never spoken than by a few ShopBotters who told me
just to "go ahead and buy one of those damned thangs, because a year
from now you will have NO idea what you're going to be doing with it,
but it will be busy..."

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

The signs and painting look good.

Thank you, kind sir.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/13/11 12:49 AM, Robatoy wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Beautiful work, you are an artist.

And to think my wife and I are very happy with that simple shelf you
made for us.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 07:13:30 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Have noticed that all your signs have a very unique appeal to them. Well
done!

What, Toy's a unique? I had no idea. Condolences.
snort

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:59:10 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Oct 13, 8:13*am, Swingman wrote:
On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Have noticed that all your signs have a very unique appeal to them. Well
done!

The signs which are installed all over the city now, are selling
themselves based on the 'dimensional' look.
I am working towards bolder designs and hoping to learn from the
master himself, Dan Sawatzky from http://imaginationcorporation.com/
He's based in BC, in the interior and he holds workshops a couple of
times a year.
The guy is nuts. Serious software savvy and cnc savvy PLUS a great
team of artists.

They're extremely creative. Love the Boardroom M environment.
(Not real dippy about his woodgrains, though. Too fake.)

Just a big kid...LOL

Talk about your own personal dream coming true. Nice! Lucky guy.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that
I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as
I have received and am still receiving.
-- Albert Einstein
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Wow! Looks all professionally done. ;~)

Property taxes should go up now.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/13/2011 7:13 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Have noticed that all your signs have a very unique appeal to them. Well
done!

You might be able to build on extra work at each of the golf courses. I
have seen 3D maps at the tee boxes showing lay outs of the tee box, fair
way, bunkers, lakes, and greens. Just a thought.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 13, 6:40*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 10/13/2011 7:13 AM, Swingman wrote:

On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Have noticed that all your signs have a very unique appeal to them. Well
done!

You might be able to build on extra work at each of the golf courses. *I
have seen 3D maps at the tee boxes showing lay outs of the tee box, fair
way, bunkers, lakes, and greens. *Just a thought.

Hmmmmm...... including topography to scale.....

Posted to rec.woodworking

Upgrading your living quarters?

Note I didn't say "penny".

--------------------
"Robatoy" wrote in message
That is what I get paid for so I can put some money away for a motor
home.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 13, 10:03*am, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
Robatoy wrote in news:97c20118-ce23-4d8f-bf67-
:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

We don't have many golf and curling clubs around here.

You need a sign or two. Now's a good time to place your order.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/13/2011 9:03 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 13, 6:40 pm, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 10/13/2011 7:13 AM, Swingman wrote:

On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

David Beatty is the client, he also does the painting.

Have noticed that all your signs have a very unique appeal to them. Well
done!

You might be able to build on extra work at each of the golf courses. I
have seen 3D maps at the tee boxes showing lay outs of the tee box, fair
way, bunkers, lakes, and greens. Just a thought.

Hmmmmm...... including topography to scale.....

Yes... IIRC these maps were about 12 x 24" on average, mounted on a
post just above the stats/information about the hole.

Posted to rec.woodworking

--------------------"Robatoy" *wrote in message

That is what I get paid for so I can put some money away for a motor
home.

Any plans to move out of your mom's basement anytime soon?
Posted to rec.woodworking

--------------------"Robatoy" wrote in message

That is what I get paid for so I can put some money away for a motor
home.

Any plans to move out of your mom's basement anytime soon?

Funny how threads roll along pretty well until this mII douchebag or
Josepi get involved.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

--------------------"Robatoy" *wrote in message

That is what I get paid for so I can put some money away for a motor
home.

Any plans to move out of your mom's basement anytime soon?

Funny how threads roll along pretty well until this mII douchebag or
Josepi get involved.

It wouldn't be so bad if there at least was a modicum of humour in
their blather.

Their crap isn't even funny. (Certainly devoid of any worthwhile
content.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

m II wrote:
What would it matter if you hadn't lied about killfiltering me years
ago. Just macho **** again?

You have not even been here for years - at least under this moniker.
Talking out your ass?... Again?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 16, 5:52*pm, phorbin wrote:
In article 7ea7f2b7-a4f2-48cc-8cad-a6a2383ab943
@u2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com, says...

dot net wrote:
Robatoy wrote in news:97c20118-ce23-4d8f-bf67-
:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...HolidayInn.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...batoy/SGCC.jpg

We don't have many golf and curling clubs around here.

Look nice! *I bet they are a lot lighter than countertops.

Hey... I don't even install the signs, but yes.. a LOT lighter. I can
throw around a 4x8x1.5" sheet of HDU all day and not feel the thing.
BTW, the decorating decisions, colour are not mine to make. I
design the basic shapes and layout and cut them on the router.
That is what I get paid for so I can put some money away for a motor
home.

May I ask what brand of HDU you use and who your supplier is?

I did a lookup and Sign Arts lists Acme out of Hamilton but a search of
Acme out of Hamilton's site turns up zip.

Thanks in advance.

I get mine from Canadian Signcrafters Supply in Bayfield, ON.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article 5f92bb9d-7760-4af6-b816-
,
says...

Thanks in advance.

I get mine from Canadian Signcrafters Supply in Bayfield, ON.

Thanks

I'll look into it.