Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anybody order from Woodworkers Source

I gotta share this conformation e-mail, never had one like this before.
Anxious to see what the walnut blocks I ordered look like.

I have some great news, Paul.

Our team of 107 hard working (and exceptionally good looking) employees
has - with great care and attention - selected, packaged and shipped your
order #58785 on this beautiful day.

I really think you'd have enjoyed watching all the action when your order
came through. When I handed it to Robert, our master packager, he looked at
the order, smiled, pulled out a pair of his favorite Italian leather gloves
and slid them onto his hands. "Nothing but the best," he said. And off he
went! As he selected your order, he placed it all on a satin-lined chariot
to transport it to the packaging center. And there's more . . .

All other 106 crew members stopped. Every last one of them. They gathered
around, lit incense and candles, and watched with hushed awe as he wrapped
the entire order in the finest gold-laced cardboard and stretch wrap that
money can buy. Seriously, you could have heard a pin drop.

In the end, the guys were so thrilled that they wanted to throw a party just
for your order. We're talking about a big fiesta with live music, a roasted
pig, and a dessert spread of homemade chocolate ganache, Ukranian prune
tortes, and cinnamon madeleines. You should have seen the look on the UPS
driver's face when he showed up. He thought he was going to pick up the
packages as usual, but instead we picked *him* up carried him down the
street on our shoulders while the band played. You can imagine what happened
next, right? Our neighbors came outside to see what the fuss was all about,
and when they saw your beautiful order they joined in, and toasted ol'
Robert who then delivered a rather moving speech on the joys of working with
wood as a means to self improvement.

Someone must have called the local TV stations because the next thing I knew
I had six interviews to handle for reporters who asked, "What does Paul O.
intend to make?" But don't worry, your secret's safe. I told them, "World
peace." Man! If only woodworking could ! do that!

Anyway, the guys hope to see pictures of what you make so we can have
another party (I know what you're thinking). I hope you had a wonderful time
shopping at Woodworkers Source. We enjoyed every minute of it, and we've
named you "Customer of the Year." That gets you a pretty good parking spot
right out front if you ever come see us. So come see us some time.

Okay, okay. You want the info, I'm sure. Your tracking information is below,
or you can also get it all by logging into your at account at our website.

After you receive your order, we'd love to know what you think:
http://www.woodworkerssource.com/myorder.php

Thanks again,
Craig Haggarton and The 107 Good Looking Lumber Pickers
Woodworkers Source

800-423-2450

--
Paul O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Paul wrote:
[...]

Wonder what they smoked at their party.

--
Gerald Ross

If the shoe fits, put it in your mouth.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/16/2011 7:06 PM, Paul wrote:
[...]

Can't say I've ever ordered from them, probably because one of their
stores is within a couple of miles of my house. And while I've never
experienced anything quite like what you've described during my visits
to the store, all of the employees have been quite helpful and friendly
(think I"ll pass on the comment about "exceptionally good looking"
however -- grin --). Good place to do business with, at least for a
semi-beginner like myself.

And I do happen to have one of the walnut blocks of which you speak -
selected it myself, though, so no fanfare or ceremony involved with that
either...

Matt
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

No, but it sounds like a fun company to work for.
Check these job offers at Woot.com
http://www.woot.com/Jobs.aspx?utm_so...m_medium=email

http://tinyurl.com/3j96ajr