Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Mail order source of small lots of metals?

Looking for small, single-piece quantities of metals, mostly
non-ferrous stuff. Does anyone have a favorite US-located vendor that
they'd like to suggest? (or, to suggest to avoid)?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
R. O'Brian

I have used
http://www.metalexpress.net/cgi-bin/...075e63568f6ff4
for many years with satisfaction.

Randy

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
Looking for small, single-piece quantities of metals, mostly
non-ferrous stuff. Does anyone have a favorite US-located vendor that
they'd like to suggest? (or, to suggest to avoid)?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:41:17 -0600, R. O'Brian wrote:
I have used
http://www.metalexpress.net/cgi-bin/...075e63568f6ff4
for many years with satisfaction.

Oh, that's _very_ nice; they've got a location with a willcall window
about 10 minutes away from here, and it's on the way home from work.
Thank you.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Looking for small, single-piece quantities of metals, mostly
non-ferrous stuff. Does anyone have a favorite US-located vendor that
they'd like to suggest?

OK, with the caveat that I've only used these guys for ferrous
stuff, I have used and been satisfied with the following vendors
on ebay (some also have non-ebay stores as well):

alrodropcenter
http://stores.ebay.com/Alro-Drop-Center

speedymetal
http://stores.ebay.com/SPEEDY-METALS-1-888-744-4140

united_specialty_alloys
http://stores.ebay.com/united-specialty-alloys

Also, I have not used these guys yet, but may eventually as they
seem to have a pretty good selection in the sizes of stuff I'm
looking for:

danvillesteel
http://stores.ebay.com/Danville-Steel-Express

If anyone here has used them, I'd like to hear your experience,
they don't have a lot of feedback yet.

--Glenn Lyford

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

Polymer Man wrote:

... I really like onlinemetalsupply.com,
good selection and low prices.

Taking a sample of 1: brass round 1" x 48" is about $4/lb (including
shipping). If you're willing to by 6' and your order is $50 or more
(free shipping), Enco's sale price is about $2.75/lb

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

Metalexpress.net is good. Have a look at their "value packs".

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
Looking for small, single-piece quantities of metals, mostly
non-ferrous stuff. Does anyone have a favorite US-located vendor that
they'd like to suggest? (or, to suggest to avoid)?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bfairey

I have used McMaster Supply, Chicago and I'm in Canada, 2 day delivery
and thats across a border.
Brian.