Jim

Default Looking for a source for latches for a small case

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a source for small case latches that are about 1.5" -
2" high and 1.25" to 1.5" wide that can be used on a wooden case (of a
size that would hold a clarinet).

All of the latches that I've found at the major woodworking sites are
similar to this one (http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...,41 399,41433
) and are fairly cheap in construction and not very stylish.

If you know of a source for high quality and more stylish latches I
would be extremely grateful.

Thank you.

Gidday,
Jim
AAvK

Woodworker's hardwa http://wwhardware.com/

Alex

Silvan

Jim wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a source for small case latches that are about 1.5" -
2" high and 1.25" to 1.5" wide that can be used on a wooden case (of a
size that would hold a clarinet).

All of the latches that I've found at the major woodworking sites are
similar to this one

If you know of a source for high quality and more stylish latches I
would be extremely grateful.

Good luck! I got suggestions to try briefcase hardware, luggage hardware,
this place, that place, the other place. I even tried the local band
instrument fixer wizard. I didn't turn up anything even remotely close to
what I needed.

I just got done fitting it up with latches similar to the ones you depicted.
It was really quite involved switching it over to the new style hardware.
I've posted about various aspects of the process at length. The result is
not exactly stylish, but it ought to darn well keep the case closed through
the years of abuse to follow. That's the main thing. (Outfitting my son
for band next year. This is a trumpet case, incidentally.) I'd say the
one up side is that the (similar to footlocker style) latches I used ought
to do a much better job of staying shut through thick and thin than any
original replacement hardware would have.

(One problem I always had in band was my flute case flying open at the worst
times, like when I was ascending the granite stairs. That poor flute was
in dismal condition by the end of my tour of duty in band.)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Try,
www.ohiotravelbag.com

OTB is a wholesaler, so if you are a business great, if not they can
point you in the right direction.

-
[...]

Bob Schmall

www.leevalley.com
Hardware section.

Bob

oups.com...

Silvan wrote:
Jim wrote:

[...]

Source for Small DC Motor barry martin Home Repair 5 July 16th 04 03:24 AM
HD foam for laptop case? T i m UK diy 42 April 23rd 04 02:59 PM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
looking for small steel square tubing source Alex Metalworking 19 October 9th 03 08:12 PM