Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bass wood blocks from Heinecke

Thanks for the good information. They seem to be reasonably priced.
I am suprised that they will take a check after the shipment.
Trusting, but that builds good customer relations and they know you'll
be back. If you stiff them, you'll never get another shipment without
ponying up the cash.

On 8/15/2011 3:25 PM, Paul wrote:
Rockler is out of the basswood blocks I have been getting, so I went
searching for someplace to get some. I found Heinecke Wood Products and
e-mailed them to see what the shipping was to my area for what I wanted.
They e-mailed back that they shipped ups, then mailed an invoice, and
when I got both, to send them a check, Wow! That's unusual. Think I'll
give them a try.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rockler's price on basswood was reasonable also I thought, but limited in
the size I wanted. At Heinecke you can get custom cuts at no extra charge. I
will place an order today to try them out. Also found this, that I thought
was pretty good, with shipping, not sure how the price is, but can't find
anything like this for walnut blocks locally, so trying them also for a
couple blocks.http://www.woodworkerssource.com/wal...rage_sale.html

Paul O.

On 8/15/2011 3:25 PM, Paul wrote:
Rockler is out of the basswood blocks I have been getting, so I went
searching for someplace to get some. I found Heinecke Wood Products and
e-mailed them to see what the shipping was to my area for what I wanted.
They e-mailed back that they shipped ups, then mailed an invoice, and
when I got both, to send them a check, Wow! That's unusual. Think I'll
give them a try.

Stabilizing wood blocks Paul[_20_] Woodworking 12 August 10th 11 02:28 PM
Source for wood blocks Paul[_20_] Woodworking 2 August 5th 11 12:29 AM
Wood for kids blocks Al Woodworking 25 December 25th 05 06:16 AM
Bass Wood for jam chuck Bob Darrah Woodturning 13 October 23rd 04 02:38 AM
Wood for Childrens Blocks Wyatt Wright Woodworking 15 April 7th 04 05:15 AM