Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Blood

Went to give blood today.

While I was lying back ignoring the pain from the fat tube in my vein and
chatting to the nurse she said 'What are you doing later, for the rest of
the afternoon?' I thought my luck was in. 'I am going to finish the work I
was doing on a stable roof then walk the dog' I said. 'Roof?' she said,
'Roof? No way can you go on a roof. You aren't even supposed to climb a
ladder after you have given blood.'

Nice afternoon off. Just me and the dog.

Tim W

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:19:22 +0100, "Tim W"
wrote:
I thought my luck was in. 'I am going to finish the work I
was doing on a stable roof then walk the dog' I said. 'Roof?' she said,
'Roof? No way can you go on a roof. You aren't even supposed to climb a
ladder after you have given blood.'

Way too slow, or maybe they took too much blood. Your proper come back
should have been, "Well then, I could really use your company to stop
me from climbing up on that roof." Or, something to that effect.
Posted to rec.woodworking

While I was lying back ignoring the pain from the fat tube in my vein and
chatting to the nurse she said 'What are you doing later, for the rest of
the afternoon?' I thought my luck was in. 'I am going to finish the work I
was doing on a stable roof then walk the dog' I said. 'Roof?' she said,
'Roof? No way can you go on a roof. You aren't even supposed to climb a
ladder after you have given blood.'

Nice afternoon off. Just me and the dog.

LUCKY YOU! Too bad she was ugly. id you put a paper bag on her head?

-TES
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/27/2011 1:19 PM, Tim W wrote:

'Roof? No way can you go on a roof. You aren't even supposed to climb a
ladder after you have given blood.'

They told me no smoking before or after giving blood so I went in there
with a big chew. No problem.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 16:49:17 -0700, CW
wrote:

On 7/27/2011 1:19 PM, Tim W wrote:

'Roof? No way can you go on a roof. You aren't even supposed to climb a
ladder after you have given blood.'

They told me no smoking before or after giving blood so I went in there
with a big chew. No problem.

Ewwwwwwwwww! Where'd you spit?

--
Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/27/2011 1:19 PM, Tim W wrote:
Went to give blood today.

While I was lying back ignoring the pain from the fat tube in my vein and
chatting to the nurse she said 'What are you doing later, for the rest of
the afternoon?' I thought my luck was in. 'I am going to finish the work I
was doing on a stable roof then walk the dog' I said. 'Roof?' she said,
'Roof? No way can you go on a roof. You aren't even supposed to climb a
ladder after you have given blood.'

Nice afternoon off. Just me and the dog.

Tim W

....here we were, 250 strapping young men standing at attention at
0-dark-30. The DI says "...any of you flat dicks wanna give blood this
morning, you get to take it easy the rest of the day, just get on the
trucks!" Well, you only have to imagine ALL of us running for those
trucks and climbing on and being taken to the give-blood-place, and
getting back on and returning to the company area...and then the same
DI says, "I said you dickheads would get to take it easy the rest of the
day, and we'll start the easy part off with a little run around the
Ponderosa!" The Ponderosa was an infamously hard, hilly, stoney 7 mile
run we did often enough 'cause we were always being punished for
*something*...he made us do it 3 times...*almost* all of us made
it...nobody died...we forgot all about that there missing blood...

cg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/6/2011 4:12 AM, Charlie Groh wrote:
On 7/27/2011 1:19 PM, Tim W wrote:
[...]

LOL ... remember the exact same "blood drive" in Basic in '68, except
afterwards we double timed the 12 miles to the rifle range, with full
packs, as our "morning off".

It was this stage in your education that you finally learned "never
volunteer for nothing".

And it didn't hurt your "self esteem" at all did it!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 7/27/2011 1:19 PM, Tim W wrote:

'Roof? No way can you go on a roof. You aren't even supposed to climb a
ladder after you have given blood.'

They told me no smoking before or after giving blood so I went in there
with a big chew. No problem.

Ewwwwwwwwww! Where'd you spit?

I don't spit.

You chew tobacco and swallow that crap? Double Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Posted to rec.woodworking

Charlie Groh wrote the following:
On 7/27/2011 1:19 PM, Tim W wrote:
[...]

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Thanks to you and all who served.
I served in the US Navy, but my heroes have always been Marines.
The US Navy - America's first line of defense.
The US Marines - America's first line of offense.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I gave blood today. :-) Tim Williams Metalworking 1 November 12th 10 09:29 AM
I gave blood today. :-) Dave H.[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 12th 10 01:06 AM
Sweat and blood John B Woodworking 3 July 5th 06 12:33 AM
Blood, money, whatever you can... Mark & Juanita Woodworking 9 September 5th 05 02:31 AM