Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sweat and blood

G'day all,
Yesterday I spilt both, A lot of blood and quite a bit of sweat.
Was cutting mitres on the sliding compound saw to fit edging to some
school desks I was doing up for the young fellows' school.
The edging was 12mm x 16mm pine. Still not sure what exactly happened
but I mitred the end of my left index finger.
All's still intact, although at the time I wasn't quite sure.
A quick walk up to house, a patch up with what ever I could find in the
medicine box, and blood all over the laundry, into the ute and a short
drive to local hospital. Along wait, and then lots of sweat when they ex
rayed the pinky to see if I had hit the bone.
Lucky, lucky Mort---- Nothing permanent, but no skin left to stitch so a
bloody big bandage, lots of padding and sent home to lick my wounds.

Them bloody machines, never give warning and never apologise

have fun and keep the bloody didgets away from spinning blades.

regards
John

To rub salt into the wound 4 new tungsten blades turned up today, 2 60
and 2 80 th, and I can't use em for a few days .
They were freebies as I did some minor warranty repairs on the new table
saw, which saved the supplier, Timbecon, a few bob in freight. Blades
are marked at $89.99 each.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 09:55:58 GMT, John B
wrote:

.... snip
Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Them bloody machines, never give warning and never apologise

The way my dad put it when teaching me to use power tools, "the saw
doesn't know the difference between your finger or a piece of wood, so
remember that"

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

the blades are cool but can be replaced, while fingers can't.. even in
ozzieland..

Be more friggin careful, John!!

glad that you missed the bone... that makes it much messier and harder to fix!

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Mark & Juanita wrote:

The way my dad put it when teaching me to use power tools, "the saw
doesn't know the difference between your finger or a piece of wood, so
remember that"

"A chainsaw don't know the difference 'tween a log and a laig."

--
"Keep your ass behind you."