Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Article: iPad for Carpenters

So, Swingy, got one yet? I know, it's not Festool green, but...

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/...or-carpenters/

--
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country
against his government." --Edward Abbey
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/25/2011 8:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

So, Swingy, got one yet? I know, it's not Festool green, but...

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/...or-carpenters/

BTDT ... arrived late last year.

No Apple Fanbois, but I take ONLY an iPad and smart phone with me to a
job site these days and in the process the DroidX itself has basically
become redundant.

.... and for ALL the reasons stated in the article. (AAMOF, when you see
my signature block on a wRec post as "www.ewoodshop.com", that's the
iPad talking ... a 64GB/3G Verizon model, usually posted while
supervising/keeping an eye on ongoing work).

Supervision is the absolute key to a successful construction project,
and the iPad has increased my ability to be present, on site, and be
that watchful eye that causes the work to be done properly.

AAMOF, if I can help it, will never do business, particularly where you
have to travel from job site to job site, without a tablet device again.
And the iPad, with available apps/plus the cloud, currently fills that
bill perfectly.

I bid two jobs this week with ALL necessary tools at hand in one device
.... from taking walk-though videos and photos of the areas; to hand
drawing a rough sketch with dimensions; to showing the client my
portfolio of similar work; to Googling the interweb to illustrate style
options and choices.

I pity the modern day Luddites who refuse to investigate the myriad
benefits of using one simply because it has the cachet of a coffee
house/wine bar denizen ...

Now, if it only ran SketchUP ....

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/25/2011 8:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

So, Swingy, got one yet? I know, it's not Festool green, but...

Got one yet????? Hell he is on his second one.

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/...or-carpenters/

--
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country
against his government." --Edward Abbey

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:25:36 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 6/25/2011 8:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

So, Swingy, got one yet? I know, it's not Festool green, but...

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/...or-carpenters/

BTDT ... arrived late last year.

No Apple Fanbois, but I take ONLY an iPad and smart phone with me to a
job site these days and in the process the DroidX itself has basically
become redundant.

... and for ALL the reasons stated in the article. (AAMOF, when you see
my signature block on a wRec post as "www.ewoodshop.com", that's the
iPad talking ... a 64GB/3G Verizon model, usually posted while
supervising/keeping an eye on ongoing work).

Supervision is the absolute key to a successful construction project,
and the iPad has increased my ability to be present, on site, and be
that watchful eye that causes the work to be done properly.

Very good.

AAMOF, if I can help it, will never do business, particularly where you
have to travel from job site to job site, without a tablet device again.
And the iPad, with available apps/plus the cloud, currently fills that
bill perfectly.

I bid two jobs this week with ALL necessary tools at hand in one device
... from taking walk-though videos and photos of the areas; to hand
drawing a rough sketch with dimensions; to showing the client my
portfolio of similar work; to Googling the interweb to illustrate style
options and choices.

That's cool. Electronics and the Internet can be a very powerful
combo for client presentations. My clients, however, are wooed by
color laser printed quotation with my name, company, and phone number
on 'em. I landed one job with a lady because I was the only one to
give her a printed quote, even though two other guys quoted less money
for the job. I kept her as a client for 4 years, until her husband
died and she sold the house here. Professionalism does count. You've
always sounded as if you had that covered in spades. Kudos.

I pity the modern day Luddites who refuse to investigate the myriad
benefits of using one simply because it has the cachet of a coffee
house/wine bar denizen ...

Yabbut, a $600 pencil and notepaper, in addition to the tres gauche
situation presented by the mfgr name? 'Course, I'm not running a
crew.

Now, if it only ran SketchUP ....

Really! How about a holographic display for the 3D version you show
the client? Wouldn't that be tits?

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:45:18 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 6/25/2011 8:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

So, Swingy, got one yet? I know, it's not Festool green, but...

Got one yet????? Hell he is on his second one.

I already "kudos"ed him.

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/25/2011 5:53 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:25:36 -0500, wrote:

Now, if it only ran SketchUP ....

Really! How about a holographic display for the 3D version you show
the client? Wouldn't that be tits?

Getting the

http://gizmodo.com/5637776/watch-how...d-with-an-ipad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJCW8IH6no

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 18:53:16 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 6/25/2011 5:53 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:25:36 -0500, wrote:

Now, if it only ran SketchUP ....

Really! How about a holographic display for the 3D version you show
the client? Wouldn't that be tits?

Getting the

http://gizmodo.com/5637776/watch-how...d-with-an-ipad

Cheaters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJCW8IH6no

Bogosity.

Nexxxxxxxxxxxxxt!

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/25/2011 8:33 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Cheaters!

Bogosity.

Nexxxxxxxxxxxxxt!

AKA, Millenium reality ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://goo.gl/yc3P1 Bertha, is that you?
http://goo.gl/AaIK4 Who's confused?

--
The whole life of man is but a point of time; let us enjoy it.
-- Plutarch

iPad 2 Bill[_18_] UK diy 25 June 24th 11 12:04 AM
magnesium + smoking - China iPad´polishing plantˇ explosion ? James Waldby[_3_] Metalworking 0 May 21st 11 11:57 PM
OT - iPad in the news today ... Swingman Woodworking 86 February 9th 10 02:08 PM
Going Rate for Carpenters? ccs>ikyr Home Repair 14 February 21st 06 09:18 PM