Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Separate hot and cold valves on kitchen taps save energy.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Just a hunch mind you, but at my house, that Delta faucet single-lever
is always parked in the middle position.
When any of us need water we push it to open, but I seldom see it then
turned to the right which would give us only cold water.
Now, if we fill a pot of water, we do push it to the right, but
initially 'some' hot water will be released as the valve is opened.

I felt the ho****er tank outlet line heat up as the water was drawn
with the valve 'in the middle'.

Add up all the single lever taps on the planet, and the bad habit of
not turning the valve handle to the 'cold' position, and you got
yourself another source of wasted energy that can only lead to the
oceans going up another foot.

I say: OUTLAW single lever taps.

Just so you know, I'm stealing that...
--