Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hey, a woodworking post!

I just finished and delivered a Murphy bed project to a customer.
Pictures at a.b.p.w.

The bed is not very exciting as the customer wanted a large flat surface
to hang material on while assembling quilts.

I do like the towers however and all the Arkansas walnut pulls. I used
the same design pulls as my, earlier last year, bedroom project that I
built for my wife and I. I used Cherry for those pulls.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote ...
I just finished and delivered a Murphy bed project to a customer. Pictures
at a.b.p.w.

The bed is not very exciting as the customer wanted a large flat surface
to hang material on while assembling quilts.

Leon!!

Are you saying that quilts are not exciting?? Do you have ANY IDEA how much
trouble you can get into saying that around a quit person?? LOL

Just thought I would mention it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

I just finished and delivered a Murphy bed project to a customer.
Pictures at a.b.p.w.

Could you post these pictures on some other site other then A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb
Posted to rec.woodworking

The whole bed "wall" swings left, covering the window and left side
cabinet. I assume that "wall" has a caster on the bottom right.
That's pretty neat.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rich" wrote:
Could you post these pictures on some other site other then
A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.

-------------------
get astraweb.com

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 3, 7:20*pm, Sonny wrote:
The whole bed "wall" swings left, covering the window and left side
cabinet. *I assume that "wall" has a caster on the bottom right.
That's pretty neat.

Sonny

Scratch that. Foot of the bed view. That's another cabinet in
another corner of the room. Still neat, though.

For a moment, I thought the bed door opened/swung to the left. I was
trying to figure out that pivot point.... LOL.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Rich wrote in :

Leon wrote:

I just finished and delivered a Murphy bed project to a customer.
Pictures at a.b.p.w.

Could you post these pictures on some other site other then A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.

The bed is not very exciting as the customer wanted a large flat surface
to hang material on while assembling quilts.

I do like the towers however and all the Arkansas walnut pulls. I used
the same design pulls as my, earlier last year, bedroom project that I
built for my wife and I. I used Cherry for those pulls.

I paid Astraweb $10 in June of 2008 for 25GB of downloads, and I still have
more than 24 GB left to download. Good retention, and in the time I've had
Astraweb maybe 2 times that the servers weren't accessible fora few hours
each.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
I just finished and delivered a Murphy bed project to a customer.
Pictures at a.b.p.w.

Spammer????? You can't be talking about Leon.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:09:37 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Have a couple of cups of coffee and try to get your brain
involved in your posting.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
Could you post these pictures on some other site other then
A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.

-------------------
get astraweb.com

Lew

Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 08:28:29 -0700, Rich wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
Could you post these pictures on some other site other then
A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.

-------------------
get astraweb.com

Lew

Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

--
Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills.
-- Minna Thomas Antrim
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:29:27 -0500, basilisk wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:09:37 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Have a couple of cups of coffee and try to get your brain involved in
your posting.

basilisk

Or maybe I'm humor challenged and need to get my own brain in
gear.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/4/2011 11:04 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 08:28:29 -0700, wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
Could you post these pictures on some other site other then
A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.
-------------------
get astraweb.com

Lew

Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

If some one is not willing to pay a couple of dollars a year to see
pictures that is fine with me. Chances are they are already paying way
more for internet service than for a news server service.

But seriously that actually filters out those that would not be
serious about buying anyway.

--
Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills.
-- Minna Thomas Antrim

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

Come on, for $10 you can get 75 years of abpw. My 10-spot paid for 25 GB
in June of 2008. I still have 24 GB to go.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
Could you post these pictures on some other site other then
A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.
-------------------
get astraweb.com

Lew
Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

If some one is not willing to pay a couple of dollars a year to see
pictures that is fine with me. Chances are they are already paying way
more for internet service than for a news server service.

But seriously that actually filters out those that would not be
serious about buying anyway.

If thats your story then ok. I feel if your paying for internet service
anyway why not fully utilize it to "you're" benefit. When it comes to
accessing the Internet thats the only thing I want to pay for. My website
hosting is free, my off site hard drive storage is free, and theres many
sites that host pictures for free. Hell my Operating System is Free. I put
out enough money why not benefit from the few things that are FREE.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
Could you post these pictures on some other site other then
A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.
-------------------
get astraweb.com

Lew

Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

There are a gazillion *free* web based picture galleries out there that
I see no reason whatsoever to put them on a newsgroup.... *especially*
if people now have to pay for binary service. Antiquated.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/4/11 6:15 PM, Han wrote:
Larry wrote in
:

snip

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

Come on, for $10 you can get 75 years of abpw. My 10-spot paid for 25 GB
in June of 2008. I still have 24 GB to go.

Why pay *anything* when there are a ton of *free* galleries out there that
are MUCH better for the viewer and user?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 04 Jun 2011 23:15:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

Come on, for $10 you can get 75 years of abpw.

Yabbut, it's one pic posted and then at least seventy five "Kudo"
posts praising it, even if the Pièce de Résistance is a flipping bird
house made of pineywood, or some silly bow saur. Crikey...

My 10-spot paid for 25 GB
in June of 2008. I still have 24 GB to go.

But most clients don't have newsgroup awareness or access. Free
picture posting sites are all over the internet and they're great.
Some folks post pics on their own websites, too, which is better.

http://www.google.com/search?q=free+picture+hosting

Some, like Google, make you use their proprietary programs (Picasa,
etc.) which can be a real PITA.

Others make you sign in, which is a PITA.

Flickr, ImageShack, and PhotoBucket are pretty cool.

--
Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills.
-- Minna Thomas Antrim
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/4/11 10:21 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Others make you sign in, which is a PITA.

That constitutes a PITA in your life? really?

BTW you have to sign in to newsgroups, too. But you probably have your
username and password already in your newsreader settings and it signs
in automatically..... which is the same thing *any* web browser worth
its salt does using the cookies the website stores in the browser's
preference file.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:29:27 -0500, basilisk wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:09:37 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Have a couple of cups of coffee and try to get your brain involved in
your posting.

basilisk

Or maybe I'm humor challenged and need to get my own brain in
gear.

Whoosh!

Sorry, I was commenting on the audacity of Leon to post something about
woodworking.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:

Could you post these pictures on some other site other then
A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.

-------------------
get astraweb.com

Lew

Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

--
Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills.
-- Minna Thomas Antrim

/
/// Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the
lesson afterwards
Vernon Sanders Law

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:09:37 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Have a couple of cups of coffee and try to get your brain involved in
your posting.

basilisk

Or maybe I'm humor challenged and need to get my own brain in
gear.

Whoosh!

Sorry, I was commenting on the audacity of Leon to post something about
woodworking.

LOL, awful balls'y I was. And apparently a few took exception to me
posting it past their pay grade. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

Come on, for $10 you can get 75 years of abpw. My 10-spot paid for
25 GB in June of 2008. I still have 24 GB to go.

And all 12 people each year see it.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Han wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

Come on, for $10 you can get 75 years of abpw. My 10-spot paid for
25 GB in June of 2008. I still have 24 GB to go.

And all 12 people each year see it.

--

-Mike-

===============

And that is what is important? How many see it?

Behaviour could get more to see it but that never seemed to be a concern,
here. Most are already gone now.

--

Eric

Posted to rec.woodworking

Eric wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Han wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it
would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

Come on, for $10 you can get 75 years of abpw. My 10-spot paid for
25 GB in June of 2008. I still have 24 GB to go.

And all 12 people each year see it.

--

-Mike-

===============

And that is what is important? How many see it?

Well, I would think that it would indeed be important. Isn't that why
people post pictures? For others to see?

Behaviour could get more to see it but that never seemed to be a
concern, here. Most are already gone now.

Not sure I understand what you're trying to say here.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
Could you post these pictures on some other site other then
A.B.P.W.???
My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.
-------------------
get astraweb.com

Lew
Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks

ahhh, Rich... tut tut, newbie.
Turn off "view images" in your browser config, where you are
"not interested in paying to see pictures".
You are "paying" at every click on a link.. dickhead.
Want to argue about it?
Go look at your browser cache, add up the bytes for all the
gifs,jpgs,pngs (etc) and factor that size (number) by your ISP
payment for X bytes of bandwidth per month.
Then post you are not "paying" :-/

Lets see I make a simple request and I get called dickhead. Thats what I'd
expect from this newsgroup. No I don't want to argue with a dickhead, why?
This post in my opinion has gotten off topic, and I have no interest in
carrying it on any further.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
[...]

FTR Rich I don't think you are a DH. ;~) But, not every one is going
to be pleased no matter what I do.
BUT if you would like I would be happy to e-mail the pictures to you,
just let me know. They are not wonderful pictures and the main reason I
did not post them to Flickr which has my better pictures.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hey, a woodworking post! Not anymore...

Larry Kraus wrote:

Probably just as well, best to keep the ten year olds away from power
tools.

Guess you could call it an Anthony Weiner moment!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
[...]

Thats cool Leon. I always enjoy seeing your work and thats why I asked.
Thats obvious about not pleasing the masses. But this place is getting a bit
hostile lately.

Email
website
http://rentmyhusband.biz/
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rich" wrote in message ...

Leon wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
[...]

=============

Don't let one rotten apple spoil the whole barrel.

--

Eric

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/6/2011 10:30 PM, Rich wrote:
Leon wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Rich" wrote:
[...]

Any time you want to see something make it a point to ask me specifically.

Posted to rec.woodworking

FTR Rich I don't think you are a DH. ;~) But, not every one is going
to be pleased no matter what I do.
BUT if you would like I would be happy to e-mail the pictures to you,
just let me know. They are not wonderful pictures and the main reason I
did not post them to Flickr which has my better pictures.

Thats cool Leon. I always enjoy seeing your work and thats why I asked.
Thats obvious about not pleasing the masses. But this place is getting a bit
hostile lately.

Email
website
http://rentmyhusband.biz/

Actually my customer e-mailed me these pictures with a better camera and
lighting, so I added them to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

FTR Rich I don't think you are a DH. ;~) But, not every one is going
to be pleased no matter what I do.
BUT if you would like I would be happy to e-mail the pictures to you,
just let me know. They are not wonderful pictures and the main reason I
did not post them to Flickr which has my better pictures.

Thats cool Leon. I always enjoy seeing your work and thats why I asked.
Thats obvious about not pleasing the masses. But this place is getting a
bit hostile lately.

Email
website
http://rentmyhusband.biz/

Actually my customer e-mailed me these pictures with a better camera and
lighting, so I added them to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/

Was wondering after looking at the pictures. I'm getting ready to put
together a pre-made Murphy Bed for a customer. I completely remodeled the
room its going into with high baseboard and custom cabinets for a 2 desktop
workstation area. Is it better to have the Murphy Bed sit up against the
wall without the baseboard installed? I haven't installed the baseboard on
that side yet and was thinking it better to have the baseboard installed up
to the cabinets on either side.

Thanks,
Rich

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 06:54:16 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

FTR Rich I don't think you are a DH. ;~) But, not every one is going
to be pleased no matter what I do.
BUT if you would like I would be happy to e-mail the pictures to you,
just let me know. They are not wonderful pictures and the main reason I
did not post them to Flickr which has my better pictures.

Thats cool Leon. I always enjoy seeing your work and thats why I asked.
Thats obvious about not pleasing the masses. But this place is getting a bit
hostile lately.

Email
website
http://rentmyhusband.biz/

Actually my customer e-mailed me these pictures with a better camera and
lighting, so I added them to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/

Sweet! How do you like that style of Murphy hardware? Are they easy
to install? (How can they get nearly $300 for that?)

--
Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills.
-- Minna Thomas Antrim
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

On 6/7/2011 8:46 AM, Rich wrote:
Leon wrote:

[...]

Rich if the bed is like most any other fold down bed the top is going to
have to be securely attached to the wall. This keeps the whole thing
from coming down on top of you when you pull the bed down. So that you
can easily lift the bed back into the closed position there is a lot of
stored energy. When pulling the bed down that is quite a bit of force
pulling away from the wall at the top of the unit and probably an equal
amount pushing towards the wall at the bottom.

I strongly recomend that the bed not be pushed up against the baseboard.
It should fit as close and flat against the wall as possible. On my
installation for my customer I simply cut a notch at the back bottom of
the bed side columns to let the base board continue unobstructed in case
they wanted to relocate the bed and so thew would not not have to patch
the base board. This also gave me some left and right leeway with out
having to deal with the base board. The side cabinets simply push up
next to the bed assy. and up to the base board.

Thats what I thought. I'll install the bed and cabinets on either side
first, then install the baseboards ( 7" high ) on each side to complete. I
have an extra piece of baseboard already painted to fit the wall in case
they ever decide to relocate the bed or just remove it.

Thanks,
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I have the hardware I just haven't built the bed yet. Once you look in the
box, the $300.00 price tag seems rather reasonable. The hardware package is
very complete and well made. The instructions are the best I have seen in a
long time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 06/07/2011 09:35 AM, Rich wrote:
Leon wrote:

On 6/7/2011 8:46 AM, Rich wrote:
Leon wrote:

[...]

When I installed mine, I used a scrap of the baseboard to mark the
cutouts where the bed and cabinets went against the wall. Didn't want
to have to replace the baseboard if I ever move the Murphy bed, although
after wrestling the thing in from the gar^H^H^Hshop, if I move the bed
stays.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Rockler has the hardware kit on sale for $249.