Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Semi-gloat

On 6/2/2011 1:47 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:

I don't think the person from whom I bought it had all his marbles lined up.
In addition to selling a functional mower for cheap, he's moving from
Houston to Santa Barbara.

Now _that_ is a gloat. Moving from the armpit of the southeast
to one of the most beautiful places on earth.

scott

Which Houston are you talking about. The big one is considered to be
in the South central part of the US.

And uh er as much as I dislike Houston in Texas also, Dallas has long
been considered the arm pit of the region.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 2, 9:14*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Dallas has long
been considered the arm pit of the region.

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin'
Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head
light
Alice, Dallas Alice
..
..
..
And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jun 2, 9:14 pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Dallas has long
been considered the arm pit of the region.

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin'
Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head
light
Alice, Dallas Alice
..
..
..
And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah

Tuscon? Never heard of it. Where's that?
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 2, 10:09*pm, "Artemus" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jun 2, 9:14 pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Dallas has long
been considered the arm pit of the region.

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin'
Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head
light
Alice, Dallas Alice
.
.
.
And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah

Tuscon? *Never heard of it. *Where's that?
Art

Lookatchoo!!! You found a typo!!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 23:11:38 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry W) wrote:

In article ,
Scott Lurndal wrote:
"HeyBub" writes:

I don't think the person from whom I bought it had all his marbles
lined up. In addition to selling a functional mower for cheap,
he's moving from Houston to Santa Barbara.

Now _that_ is a gloat. Moving from the armpit of the southeast
to one of the most beautiful places on earth.

scott

As someone who lives in an Atlantic coastal state, south of the
Mason-Dixon line, I have a real problem with characterizing Houston
as being in the "southeast." I don't argue with the "armpit" part,
though.

The proposition that three hundred miles West of the Mississippi is
the "East" is quite a mind-bender. Texas, in the East? Wow!

Well, Houston IS closer to Florida than it is to El Paso (and El Paso is
closer to San Diego than it is to Houston), so I suppose it depends on where
you stand.

All agree Houston is a cultural wasteland. Our big cultural event is the
annual livestock show and rodeo whose attendance, during its ten-day run,
exceeds the attendance of our three professional sports teams combined.

Contrary to popular belief, we didn't build the first air-conditioned sports
stadium to be ostentatious - the weather REQUIRED it. Oh, we're not as bad
in that regard as New Orleans, but, being at the same latitude as Cairo...
In fact today, June 2nd, the temperature reached 97 degrees.

There are some things Houston has to recommend it: The world's largest
medical center (18 hospitals, two medical schools, a dental school, etc.),
NASA, the 2nd largest port in the nation, low taxes, no zoning, 2nd highest
number of Fortune 500 companies (after NYC), 2nd highest number of consular
offices (after D.C.), 70% of the nation's refining capacity, and so on.

You'll note that many of these high-ranked attributes have to do with
money - or making money. Houston's a good place for that. But if you want
temperate weather, majestic redwoods, pristine beaches, Civil War
battlefields, or state-funded psychoanalysis for your dog, you won't find
them here.

I recall my first visit to Harvard Square. After lunch, my client asked what
I thought of the crowd.

I replied: "I'm willing to admit you have more PhD's per square foot, more
books in your libraries, and greater educational endowments than back home.
But on the two things that are important in this life, Texas has you beat!"

"What's that?" my client asked.

"Pretty girls and football teams" I responded.

"I'd believe that and I've never been to Texas," he said. "Did you notice
their socks don't match?"

"My friend, if these women were running loose in Texas, there'd be a bounty
on 'em," I concluded.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/2/2011 8:52 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 2, 9:14 pm, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Dallas has long
been considered the arm pit of the region.

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin'
Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head
light
Alice, Dallas Alice
.
.
.
And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah

I still have Shure 57 that Lowell used ... probably still has his DNA on
it. That's was one dude worth cloning ... just in case.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy writes:
On Jun 2, 9:14=A0pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Dallas has long
been considered the arm pit of the region.

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin'
Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head
light
Alice, Dallas Alice
.
.
.
And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah

You left out the part about 'weed, whites and wine'.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jun 2, 9:14 pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Dallas has long
been considered the arm pit of the region.

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin'
Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head
light
Alice, Dallas Alice
.
.
.
And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah

Tuscon? Never heard of it. Where's that?
Art

Lookatchoo!!! You found a typo!!!!

I was being nice. I wasn't sure if it was a typo or if
you were one of the legions of idiots who are too
stupid to bother (or care about?) knowing the
correct spelling. The most glaring of these are the
ones on the national (U.S.) TV news organizations.
Having lived in Tucson for 29 years this spelling
stands out to me and I wonder "Typo or idiot?".
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

[...]

Howsabout Cut & Paste? I went to look for the lyrics, found them and
C&V'd them to here.
IOW.. *I* didn't even MAKE the farking typo, but, hey, who cares?
..
oops..seems you do...
...and that's okay, Tucson people need all the help they can get.

Take it up with Rondstadt's people.
Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

WHOAAA!!!... I like Feat's version WAY better...but I did C&V'd the
lyrics from ....oh dammit she was some cute back then.....
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
.On Jun 3, 4:06 pm, "Artemus" wrote:

snip
. .
[...]

Ronstadt? :~O

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 3, 4:43*pm, "Artemus" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

.On Jun 3, 4:06 pm, "Artemus" wrote:

snip
. .
[...]

Ronstadt? *:~O

Really????

(damn, you're easy...)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:16:39 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jun 2, 9:14 pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Dallas has long
been considered the arm pit of the region.

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and dirty don't ya know, and I'm still, willin'
Out on the road late at night, Seen my pretty Alice in every head
light
Alice, Dallas Alice
.
.
.
And I been from Tuscon to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonapah

Tuscon? Never heard of it. Where's that?
Art

Lookatchoo!!! You found a typo!!!!

I was being nice. Â*I wasn't sure if it was a typo or if
you were one of the legions of idiots who are too
stupid to bother (or care about?) knowing the
correct spelling. Â*The most glaring of these are the
ones on the national (U.S.) TV news organizations.
Having lived in Tucson for 29 years this spelling
stands out to me and I wonder "Typo or idiot?".
Art

Howsabout Cut & Paste? I went to look for the lyrics, found them and
C&V'd them to here.
IOW.. *I* didn't even MAKE the farking typo, but, hey, who cares?
.
..
oops..seems you do...
..and that's okay, Tucson people need all the help they can get.

Take it up with Rondstadt's people.

WHOAAA!!!... I like Feat's version WAY better...but I did C&V'd the

Yeah, that's a classic. A few others are Pure Prairie League's "Amy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4xp2lgiAjY , Cowboy Junkies' "Sweet
Jane" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRFZFmEq9o , Marshall Tucker's
"Can't You See" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-a8zh0m9c , and
Allman Brothers' "In memory of Elizabeth Reed"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1nyDF9Wak

They just get under your skin and make you smile, cry, or both.

lyrics from ....oh dammit she was some cute back then.....

Governor Moonbeam sure liked her little button back then, and nobody
can blame him a bit.

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 3, 10:53*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Know and like all those tunes.

Pure Prairie League's "Amy"....

Vince is sure doing Amy now, the sunnuvabitch. But damn that man can
pick, almost Skaggs grade.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

[...]

Saw Pure Prairie League, Jackson Brown and Dan Fogelburg at Red Rocks
Amphitheater way back in the 70's, great show!!! Think most of the members
are from Boulder Colo. or at least recorded there. Don't forget Little
Feat!!!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Man. 2010.1 Spring
KDE4.4
2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb

Semi Gloat Tina Woodworking 15 July 3rd 06 08:29 PM
Semi-gloat (red oak) Kiwanda Woodworking 3 May 22nd 06 05:48 PM
Semi Gloat Ian Dodd Woodworking 2 September 13th 04 05:58 PM
Scroll Saw Semi-Gloat? solarman Woodworking 4 December 2nd 03 05:53 AM