Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Time For New Cordless Drill/Driver

On May 16, 4:56*am, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
Upscale wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Also had an 18VDC DeWalt drill along with a panel saw. for about 10
years before it was stolen. Wore out at least 2 sets of batteries.

I'm on my third year of a 6 unit set of cordless DeWalt tools so I
haven't yet approached the wearing out of any of the batteries. Just
last month I had a look at some of the new 18v lithium ion batteries.
Half the weight of the XRP batteries and almost have the size. What
I'd like to see is some of those XRP battery casings retrofitted to
hold some of those lithium ion battery cells. Doubt that's going to
happen though. Naturally DeWalt will be after people buying entirely
new cordless tools than just buying new updated batteries for them.

Check the net. *Lots of places will re-man them with LI for very reasonable
prices.

--

-Mike-

Check local battery shops, marts, etc. A couple of shops in Wichita,
where we used to live, would rebuild or update most cordless
batteries.

RonB