Posted to rec.woodworking

Default making triangle

Hi,
I'm trying to make a triangular box with sides of length 6.5 6.5 and
5.25 and 4 inches deep.
Wolfram Alpha told me my angles are 66.18, and 47.63, which means I
need to make miters of 33.1 and 23.8 degrees.

My table saw only does 45 and I can't use my inca, because the saw can
only cut 3 inches.

I was thinking of making some sort of hinged jig, perhaps.

Any ideas on this. I do have a router table also.

Posted to rec.woodworking

sibosop wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to make a triangular box with sides of length 6.5 6.5 and
5.25 and 4 inches deep.
Wolfram Alpha told me my angles are 66.18, and 47.63, which means I
need to make miters of 33.1 and 23.8 degrees.

My table saw only does 45 and I can't use my inca, because the saw can
only cut 3 inches.

I was thinking of making some sort of hinged jig, perhaps.

Any ideas on this. I do have a router table also.

As someone with virtually no experience at this, I like the idea of
small (improvised) ramps for your router table top. Maybe just 1
adjustable ramp and a protractor. Sorry, I'm not sure what the bottom
edge is supposed to look like for ideal performance at all angles.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

"sibosop" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm trying to make a triangular box with sides of length 6.5 6.5 and
5.25 and 4 inches deep.
Wolfram Alpha told me my angles are 66.18, and 47.63, which means I
need to make miters of 33.1 and 23.8 degrees.

My table saw only does 45 and I can't use my inca, because the saw can
only cut 3 inches.

I was thinking of making some sort of hinged jig, perhaps.

Any ideas on this. I do have a router table also.

See here. http://www.newwoodworker.com/pnlrasjig.html
It's always 90° to the table and you tilt the blade to get
angles 45° on your miters.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 13, 10:33*pm, "Artemus" wrote:
"sibosop" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm trying to make a triangular box with sides of length 6.5 6.5 and
5.25 and 4 inches deep.
Wolfram Alpha told me my angles are 66.18, and 47.63, *which means I
need to make miters of 33.1 and 23.8 degrees.

My table saw only does 45 and I can't use my inca, because the saw can
only cut 3 inches.

I was thinking of making some sort of hinged jig, perhaps.

Any ideas on this. I do have a router table also.

See here. *http://www.newwoodworker.com/pnlrasjig.html
It's always 90 to the table and you tilt the blade to get
angles 45 on your miters.
Art

AH. Finally a solid reason for a left tilting blade.
Mine's right tilting...
Guess I could put the fence on the other side.
Posted to rec.woodworking

AH. Finally a solid reason for a left tilting blade.
Mine's right tilting...
Guess I could put the fence on the other side.
b- Hide quoted text -

"Using the raised panel jig" pic - That saw, pictured, is right tilt.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
sibosop wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to make a triangular box with sides of length 6.5 6.5 and
5.25 and 4 inches deep.
Wolfram Alpha told me my angles are 66.18, and 47.63, which means I
need to make miters of 33.1 and 23.8 degrees.

My table saw only does 45 and I can't use my inca, because the saw can
only cut 3 inches.

I was thinking of making some sort of hinged jig, perhaps.

Any ideas on this. I do have a router table also.

It can be done on a table saw with the right kind of tenoning jig, either
purchased or shop-made. Be careful.

Math help needed - triangle.jpg John Woodworking Plans and Photos 9 June 21st 08 06:52 AM
Triangle math problem ok Home Repair 21 June 10th 05 03:07 AM
Triangle Table Al Holstein Woodworking 9 May 10th 05 02:40 AM