Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Paint remover

I have found Citistrip the best paint remover I have ever used. However it
says it will remove polyurethane (it will not even touch it) but all other
things it works great on. Also I have some truck aluminum running boards
that the anti slip strips needed replacement. they were a pressure type
adhesive. I tried , 1 mineral sprits, 2 lacquer thinner, 3 acetone, 4
MEK. None of these would soften it. Then tried Citistrip and in about 10
minutes it was wiped off. I had a sample of it to try, now going to buy a
1/2 gallon. Found best price at Home Depot. Just thought I would let you
know about the polyurethane. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

"WW" wrote in
:

I have found Citistrip the best paint remover I have ever
used. However it says it will remove polyurethane (it will
not even touch it) but all other things it works great on.
Also I have some truck aluminum running boards that the
anti slip strips needed replacement. they were a pressure
type adhesive. I tried , 1 mineral sprits, 2 lacquer
thinner, 3 acetone, 4 MEK. None of these would soften it.
Then tried Citistrip and in about 10 minutes it was wiped
off. I had a sample of it to try, now going to buy a 1/2
gallon. Found best price at Home Depot. Just thought I
would let you know about the polyurethane. WW

I ran across the best finish remover I've ever used today. My
wife spilled one of those little bottles of air freshener that
plugs into an outlet onto the top of our dresser. It stayed
there no more than 10 seconds from the time it was spilled until
I had wiped it off with a towel. In that time it removed both
the finish and stain to bare wood (actually veneer).

Not sure what is in that concoction but it sure as hell removed
the finish FAST!

Larry

Naval Jelly as a Paint Remover? [email protected] Home Repair 6 February 8th 21 06:01 PM
Modern paint remover Jim S UK diy 3 September 5th 09 02:30 PM
Baking soda as a paint remover tmclone Home Repair 10 August 10th 09 10:01 PM
Using paint remover on clothing David Nebenzahl Home Repair 19 May 31st 09 01:09 AM
Peel-A-Way Paint Remover For Latex Paint: Any Good ? Robert11 Home Repair 0 July 16th 06 12:36 AM