Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Domino Bathroom Drawers

Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen remodel and my portion
spilled over into the bathrooms remodel also. I built the drawers, so far
23 for 3 bathroom counters. I wish my bath rooms had 23 drawers.
And of course, 6 different sizes. ;~)

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0794/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...4935/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7872/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...2571/lightbox/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:58:32 -0600, Leon wrote:

Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen remodel and my portion
spilled over into the bathrooms remodel also. I built the drawers, so far
23 for 3 bathroom counters. I wish my bath rooms had 23 drawers.
And of course, 6 different sizes. ;~)

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0794/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...4935/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7872/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...2571/lightbox/

Damn, they look nice too.

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, *Rabbet corner joints reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. *Strong!

Nicely done.

I guess you wanted to hide them behind the drawer face at the front
but they don't add any mechanical strength to the front in that
configuration. This is surely no problem for a bathroom drawer but a
large kitchen drawer that could get really loaded could use some extra
mechanical strength to last through the years... don't you think?

One question. Is the mortise cut in-place for both pieces after
assembly?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 11:58 am, "Leon" wrote:

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

I like the way those Domino tenons look on the drawers. To me it kind
of has a Euro feel to it. Is that a Leon © original design?

It brings another question. Will they be visible when complete?
Paint or clear/stain?

As always, nicely done!

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

Nicely done.

I guess you wanted to hide them behind the drawer face at the front
but they don't add any mechanical strength to the front in that
configuration.

There is indeed a drawer front, but it does not cover the domino "pegs"
in the drawer _sides_, as the "pegs' are specifically there to provide
provide _both_ mechanical strength to the rabbet joint, and a visual
contrast ... see below.

This is surely no problem for a bathroom drawer but a
large kitchen drawer that could get really loaded could use some extra
mechanical strength to last through the years... don't you think?

In the designed configuration as above, the domino "pegs" do indeed
mechanically reinforce the rabbet joint, tremendously so.

But you're correct, I would not normally design/use this type of joinery
in the typical kitchen drawer.

~ Background: All these kitchen drawers are 3/4" hard maple, half blind
dovetails, with 1/2" A-1 maple ply bottoms mounted on KV MUV34
Undermount slides ...

as you know, doing this kind of work, the drawer slides themselves are
the 'tail that wags the dog' as far as drawer dimensions, their design,
and very often, the type of joinery that must be used

.... with the exception of one drawer:

In the kitchen, a special, shallow kitchen KNIFE drawer was made in a
similar fashion as first above because the drawer depth was simply too
shallow for half blind dovetails with undermount drawer slides and a
1/2" bottom.

~ Upshot: The client love the visible domino "pegs" in the rabbet joints
on the KNIFE drawer so much that she wanted all 23 of her bathroom
drawers made that way.

(So happens "Beech" domino end grain closely matches the end grain of
the hard maple half blind dovetails when finished with a clear lacquer
.... whodathunkit?.)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

There is indeed a drawer front, but it does not cover the domino "pegs"
in the drawer _sides_, as the "pegs' are specifically there to provide
provide _both_ mechanical strength to the rabbet joint, and a visual
contrast ... see below.

Oops, I mis-read the photos. I thought the side sot where you can see
the back and front loose tenon ends was a shot across the front face.

Now I like this 100%.

For this situation I won't start my rany about unpinned floating
tennos being not the same as true pinned M&T ;^)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/23/11 11:58 AM, Leon wrote:
Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen remodel and my portion
spilled over into the bathrooms remodel also. I built the drawers, so far
23 for 3 bathroom counters. I wish my bath rooms had 23 drawers.
And of course, 6 different sizes. ;~)

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0794/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...4935/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7872/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...2571/lightbox/

Is the whole process faster than dovetailing?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

(So happens "Beech" domino end grain closely matches the end grain of
the hard maple half blind dovetails when finished with a clear lacquer
... whodathunkit?.)

Isn't "Beech" and maple from two different neighborhoods? ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino.
Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 12:58*pm, "Leon" wrote:

Very nice look IMHO. I do dovetails with 1/2" BB and it looks good and
it's real strong but you get tired of that same 'ol same 'ol. I seen a
guy do 3/8" square mortises in drawer sides w/walnut pegs and maple
sides and that looked good too. He just bought the mortiser and wanted
to put 'er to use right now...

RP

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints
reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

Nicely done.

Thank you

I guess you wanted to hide them behind the drawer face at the front
but they don't add any mechanical strength to the front in that
configuration. This is surely no problem for a bathroom drawer but a
large kitchen drawer that could get really loaded could use some extra
mechanical strength to last through the years... don't you think?

I believe that they add considerable strength in this configuration, they
lock fronts and backs into the sides rabbets in the direction that the
pulling and pushing force would be found.

22 years ago I built 2' x 3' pots and pans drawers simply using a rabbet
joint reinforced with glue and finish nails. The drawers are as tight today
as thery were then.

One question. Is the mortise cut in-place for both pieces after
assembly?

After assembly, correct.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Feb 23, 11:58 am, "Leon" wrote:

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints
reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

I like the way those Domino tenons look on the drawers. To me it kind
of has a Euro feel to it. Is that a Leon © original design?

Euro hummmm. This is certainly not an original by me however I immediately
started using them this way when I bought the Domino. I later read that
others had been using the Domino's in this way also. Not totally unlike
pounding in a dowel to lock things together.

It brings another question. Will they be visible when complete?
Paint or clear/stain?

Swingman texted me indicating that they already had a nice off white look.
LOL. I think when they dry they will have a clear finish.

As always, nicely done!

Thank you Robert!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints
reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

Nicely done.

I guess you wanted to hide them behind the drawer face at the front
but they don't add any mechanical strength to the front in that
configuration. This is surely no problem for a bathroom drawer but a
large kitchen drawer that could get really loaded could use some extra
mechanical strength to last through the years... don't you think?

To clairify a bit more,,, the dominos will be visible from the side of the
drawer when opened, they are on the side of the drawer.

Had they been installed in the front I can see how they would not add any
strength.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

There is indeed a drawer front, but it does not cover the domino "pegs"
in the drawer _sides_, as the "pegs' are specifically there to provide
provide _both_ mechanical strength to the rabbet joint, and a visual
contrast ... see below.

Oops, I mis-read the photos. I thought the side sot where you can see
the back and front loose tenon ends was a shot across the front face.

Now I like this 100%.

;~) If there is a way to present or take a picture that will be confusing,
I'm your man. LOL

For this situation I won't start my rany about unpinned floating
tennos being not the same as true pinned M&T ;^)

LOL 2-shey

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 2/23/11 11:58 AM, Leon wrote:
Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen remodel and my
portion
spilled over into the bathrooms remodel also. I built the drawers, so
far
23 for 3 bathroom counters. I wish my bath rooms had 23 drawers.
And of course, 6 different sizes. ;~)

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints
reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0794/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...4935/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7872/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...2571/lightbox/

Is the whole process faster than dovetailing?

EXCELLENT question.

Not really. Obviously building a drawer with rabbets vs. DT's is quicker
however once you build the drawer using either joint method you are done
with assembly. Adding the Dominos requires plunge cutting the mortises, 12
for the big drawers, 8 for the small, distributing glue down both sides of
all of those 6mm wide holes, pounding in the dominos, ( at this point I
think this method takes about as much time as DT's). Then you cut the
excess length dominos off and do quite a bit more rough sanding to flush up
the dominos. Basically you do 2 sets of glue up for each drawer.

IMHO its a six of one half a dozen of the other think concerning strength
and personal appearance preferences.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Feb 23, 12:58 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen remodel and my
portion
spilled over into the bathrooms remodel also. I built the drawers, so far
23 for 3 bathroom counters. I wish my bath rooms had 23 drawers.
And of course, 6 different sizes. ;~)

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner joints
reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino.
Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.

Thank you.... IMHO the joint is at least as strong as a DT

Posted to rec.woodworking

Is the whole process faster than dovetailing?

EXCELLENT question.

Not really. Obviously building a drawer with rabbets vs. DT's is quicker
however once you build the drawer using either joint method you are done
with assembly. Adding the Dominos requires plunge cutting the mortises,
12 for the big drawers, 8 for the small, distributing glue down both sides
of all of those 6mm wide holes, pounding in the dominos, ( at this point I
think this method takes about as much time as DT's). Then you cut the
excess length dominos off and do quite a bit more rough sanding to flush
up the dominos. Basically you do 2 sets of glue up for each drawer.

IMHO its a six of one half a dozen of the other think concerning strength
and personal appearance preferences.

A bit more on that, the DT is definetely a more complicated/fussy joint to
produce with more opportunity to screw up. A rabbet joint is pretty simple
although glue up is a bit testy. Plunging the Domino to make mortices is
pretty much fool proof.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RP" wrote in message
On Feb 23, 12:58 pm, "Leon" wrote:

Very nice look IMHO. I do dovetails with 1/2" BB and it looks good and
it's real strong but you get tired of that same 'ol same 'ol. I seen a
guy do 3/8" square mortises in drawer sides w/walnut pegs and maple
sides and that looked good too. He just bought the mortiser and wanted
to put 'er to use right now...

RP

That does sound nice. I would think that because the Domino works much like
a plate joiner that it would be easer to use than a traditional mortiser for
this application.

Thank you BTY

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:15:09 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Feb 23, 12:58*pm, "Leon" wrote:
Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen remodel and my portion
spilled over into the bathrooms remodel also. *I built the drawers, so far
23 *for 3 bathroom counters. *I wish my bath rooms had 23 drawers.
And of course, 6 different sizes. *;~)

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, *Rabbet corner joints reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. *Strong!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino.
Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.

That set of pics even stirred MY crowbars, it did.

--
"Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty.
There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Feb 23, 12:58*pm, "Leon" wrote:
Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen remodel and my portion
spilled over into the bathrooms remodel also. *I built the drawers, so far
23 *for 3 bathroom counters. *I wish my bath rooms had 23 drawers.
And of course, 6 different sizes. *;~)

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, *Rabbet corner joints reinforced
with 6mm thick dominos. *Strong!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...os/lcb11211/54...

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino.
Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.

That set of pics even stirred MY crowbars, it did.

Jesus H. Christ! I just saw the festerclucking price they want for it.

I guess I'll stick with my $37 HF bisquicker. Time to add that thrust
washer and tighten up the height...

--
"Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty.
There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and
indignation against wrong. A love of truth and a veneration
of virtue. These amiable passions, are the latent spark. If
the people are capable of understanding, seeing and feeling
the differences between true and false, right and wrong,
virtue and vice, to what better principle can the friends of
mankind apply than to the sense of this difference?"
--John Adams
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Swingman and I have been working on a lengthy kitchen
remodel and my portion spilled over into the bathrooms
remodel also. I built the drawers, so far 23 for 3
bathroom counters. I wish my bath rooms had 23 drawers.
And of course, 6 different sizes. ;~)

3/4" maple with 1/2" maple plywood bottoms, Rabbet corner
joints reinforced with 6mm thick dominos. Strong!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0794/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...4935/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7872/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...2571/lightbox/

L:

Tight and handsome work.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
One question. Is the mortise cut in-place for both pieces after
assembly?

After assembly, correct.

Same question I was going to ask and it makes sense. Cut one hole and put
the tenon in. One other question in this regard. Did you Domino the holes
longer than the tenon and then bang them in until they were flush, or did
you put them in with the ends proud and then trim them off?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
IMHO its a six of one half a dozen of the other think concerning strength
and personal appearance preferences.

Except that the Domino method is much less subject to error in my opinion.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Jesus H. Christ! I just saw the festerclucking price they want for it.

I guess I'll stick with my $37 HF bisquicker. Time to add that thrust
washer and tighten up the height...

On the off chance you change your mind and are going to buy sooner than
later, Festool is raising their prices March 1, 2011. I haven't looked
specifically to see if the Domino tool itself is going to go up in price
since I already own one, but I'd say it was a safe bet.

And keep one specific fact in mind should you (or when) you become a Festool
owner, all of their tools are designed with superb dust collection in mind.
Doesn't matter if it's a power saw, router or sander, dust collection is
outstanding.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
One question. Is the mortise cut in-place for both pieces after
assembly?

After assembly, correct.

Same question I was going to ask and it makes sense. Cut one hole and put
the tenon in. One other question in this regard. Did you Domino the holes
longer than the tenon and then bang them in until they were flush, or did
you put them in with the ends proud and then trim them off?

The Domino will only cut a 27mm deep mortise IIRC. The 6mm dominos are
40mm. When I first started doing this I painstakingly marked each domino to
about 5mm longer than necessary and quickly ground it down on my disk
sander.

Now I simply skip the length change step if possible and pound in the whole
domino. I cut most of the excess domino off at the TS or BS. Large
projects would dictate cutting with a hand saw or shorting at the sander.

I try to leave about 2 mm exposed. The Rotex in aggressive mode takes care
of those nubs in a couple of seconds.

I have discovered Festool Crystal sand paper by accident. I picked some up
on a clearance table, it is good for sanding painted surfaces, I thought I
might need some one day. Because putting glue down both sides of a 6 mm
wide hole can result with excess getting on the outer surface the dominos
tend to make it hard to wipe that excess glue off. Basically I don't
bother. As you probably know glue can quickly ruin a piece of sand paper.
I was going through about 1 disk for each drawer on the first rough sanding.
I tried the Crystal thinking that paint gums up like glue, I was able to
average 7 times more with each Crystal disk when sanding simi cured glue
around those dominos and rabbet joints. IIRC there is a new Festool paper,
blue tinted, that is good for paint and wood, Granate I think.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
IMHO its a six of one half a dozen of the other think concerning strength
and personal appearance preferences.

Except that the Domino method is much less subject to error in my opinion.

True, HOWEVER I mark the mortise locations and use the center mark on the
fence to locate the Domino mortiser. I For aesthetic reasons I don't use
the indexing pins on the Domino. I basically use it like a plate joiner in
that regard. If the Domino slips you end up with an elongated hole. You
have to be careful to hold it stationary through the whole cut.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Snip

/#/photos/lcb11211/54...

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino.
Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.

That set of pics even stirred MY crowbars, it did.

Jesus H. Christ! I just saw the festerclucking price they want for it.

I guess I'll stick with my $37 HF bisquicker. Time to add that thrust
washer and tighten up the height...

Everything is relative, that single drawer job "much" more than paid for
the Domino and CT22 vac..

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/24/11 10:15 AM, Leon wrote:
"Larry wrote in message
Snip

/#/photos/lcb11211/54...

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino.
Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.

That set of pics even stirred MY crowbars, it did.

Jesus H. Christ! I just saw the festerclucking price they want for it.

I guess I'll stick with my $37 HF bisquicker. Time to add that thrust
washer and tighten up the height...

Everything is relative, that single drawer job "much" more than paid for
the Domino and CT22 vac..

If that's this HF Plate Joiner.....
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-...ner-38437.html
it's the worst POS I've ever bought and returned to HF.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 12:53*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/24/11 10:15 AM, Leon wrote:

"Larry *wrote in message
.. .
Snip

/#/photos/lcb11211/54...

MMmmmmm... now I REALLY want a Domino.
Very nice result visually and it must be strong too.

That set of pics even stirred MY crowbars, it did.

Jesus H. Christ! I just saw the festerclucking price they want for it.

I guess I'll stick with my $37 HF bisquicker. Time to add that thrust
washer and tighten up the height...

Everything is relative, *that single drawer job "much" more than paid for
the Domino and CT22 vac..

If that's this HF Plate Joiner.....http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-...ner-38437.html
it's the worst POS I've ever bought and returned to HF.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

That thing even looks all wrong.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in
:

On the off chance you change your mind and are going to buy sooner
than later, Festool is raising their prices March 1, 2011. I haven't
looked specifically to see if the Domino tool itself is going to go up
in price since I already own one, but I'd say it was a safe bet.

And keep one specific fact in mind should you (or when) you become a
Festool owner, all of their tools are designed with superb dust
collection in mind. Doesn't matter if it's a power saw, router or
sander, dust collection is outstanding.

Ok, you guys convinced me. Saved about the equivalent to sales tax by
buying now...

Here's the listing of price increases. Some of the tool/vacuum kits are
actually going down in price.
http://www.mcfeelys.com/info/festool-alert3.htm

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/25/2011 6:00 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:2d-dnZZwiYKz-
:

All these kitchen drawers are 3/4" hard maple, half blind
dovetails, with 1/2" A-1 maple ply bottoms mounted on KV MUV34
Undermount slides ...

I've been admiring those drawers very much, but a question popped up. If I
may, please, Karl& Leon? Where are the half-blind dovetails? I only see
very nicely executed and "pinned" rabbets. And I love that bright white
maple!

LOL ... I was onsite with an architect (normally not an enjoyable
experience, but this one is one of the sexiest women alive) yesterday
and she asked the same question.

Those damned domino pinned drawers are like rabbits with rabbets ...
they were everywhere you looked!:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...JgYOq gKvOVw#

Scroll down to the last few photos and you'll see some of the REAL
drawers in various stages of fabrication and storage.

I'll get some better shots of them today as they are being sprayed with
the final coat of lacquer today.

FWIW ... Their new home is almost ready ... drywall went up yesterday
and floor floated, today the kitchen floor will be laid and Leon and I
will level and set the bases for the base cabinets today:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...Dv4OKAraChgQE#

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 2/25/2011 6:00 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:2d-dnZZwiYKz-
:

[...]

Can you get some shots of the final coat lacquered UnREAL drawers too? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:
may, please, Karl& Leon? Where are the half-blind dovetails? I only see
very nicely executed and "pinned" rabbets. And I love that bright white
maple!

Here a representative side and back of the completely finished drawers
in question:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...82059486805890

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

Han wrote:
may, please, Karl& Leon? Where are the half-blind dovetails? I only
see very nicely executed and "pinned" rabbets. And I love that
bright white maple!

Here a representative side and back of the completely finished drawers
in question:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcai...nDemolitionWal
lRemoval?authkey=Gv1sRgCODv4OKAraChgQE#55779820594 86805890

Beautiful!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/25/2011 6:17 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/25/2011 6:00 AM, Han wrote:

... Where are the half-blind dovetails? ...

Those damned domino pinned drawers are like rabbits with rabbets ...
they were everywhere you looked!:

Scroll down to the last few photos and you'll see some of the REAL
drawers in various stages of fabrication and storage.

Curious...which dovetail template/system are you using (and why the
particular choice if so inclined)? Thanks...starting a kitchen rework
here and it's either go w/ something new or do the old-timey way
which'll be long-time consuming that would rather not take...

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/26/2011 7:54 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message

Curious...which dovetail template/system are you using ...

Leigh Jig

That was my guess, thanks...I have one of the fixed-spacing P-C types
which works ok but doesn't have the flexibility to deal with arbitrary
spacing.

DOMINO SET J T Woodworking 3 January 2nd 08 01:38 PM
Domino? Or maybe not for me? jbd in Denver Woodworking 2 December 20th 07 05:21 PM
Domino - or, maybe not? jbd in Denver Woodworking 0 December 17th 07 07:48 PM
Another way to use the Domino Leon Woodworking 8 July 9th 07 04:34 PM
The Domino Leon Woodworking 13 May 28th 07 11:36 AM