Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woah there, Top quality in Rockler stores!

Not that Rockler does not have it's share of quality products but they will
soon begin selling Laguna products. We won't have to wait for a trade show
or go to California to see the Laguna products. We can add Rockler to the
list of options.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 5:01*am, "Leon" wrote:
Not that Rockler does not have it's share of quality products but they will
soon begin selling Laguna products. *We won't have to wait for a trade show
or go to California to see the Laguna products. *We can add Rockler to the
list of options.

Laguna tools are really nice but their sales force should go back to
selling used cars and penny stocks where they used to work. Maybe
buying them via Rockler and paying their markup will actually be worth
it.

(Read... not much respect for either)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 11:48*am, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
On Jan 13, 5:01*am, "Leon" wrote:

Not that Rockler does not have it's share of quality products but they will
soon begin selling Laguna products. *We won't have to wait for a trade show
or go to California to see the Laguna products. *We can add Rockler to the
list of options.

Laguna tools are really nice but their sales force should go back to
selling used cars and penny stocks where they used to work. Maybe
buying them via Rockler and paying their markup will actually be worth
it.

(Read... not much respect for either)

That IS the conventional wisdom -- great products, **** for customer
service.

No first-hand experience to know that it's true, but ... heard lots of
similar stories.

BUT ... I heard another one, yesterday, that could ONLY mean that
Laguna HAS been monitoring a few of the WW sites.

They reached out to a guy who had a REALLY crappy example of a dust
collector. He lives not too far from their HQ. They were going to
truck him a NEW one, FULLY ASSEMBLED, take the old one back, and ...
in theory ... incorporate the improvements that HE suggested, into
their products.

Time will tell.

If Rockler genuinely takes on -- and CAN improve -- the CS side, this
might be a huge win for all concerned.

Wouldn't kick ... nearly ANY of their tools out of my shop.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Wouldn't kick ... nearly ANY of their tools out of my shop.

I might be convinced to do some unspeakable things for one of their
Bandsaws

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Not that Rockler does not have it's share of quality products but
they will soon begin selling Laguna products. We won't have to wait
for a trade show or go to California to see the Laguna products. We
can add Rockler to the list of options.

It's been a number of years sine we've had a woodworking road show out
at the Fairgrounds here in Syracuse but Laguna was at the next to last
one and didn't show up at the last show. I was trying my best to buy a
bandsaw at the show and their two sales guy's were both complete and
totally arrogant asses - a real tag team. I doubt they made many sales
at the show and they left me with the impression that Laguana could
care less if they sold you a tool or not.

I purchased a Delta the following day from Woodworker's Warehouse when
they were still in business. Smaller than what I wanted but it has
worked for me reliably and done everything asked of it over the years.

From the sounds of the other posts, Laguana has not changed and I
really doubt Rockler will influence their corporate persona or make
their customer service any better. Yes, I do think Rockler will sell
more Laguana tools than Laguana's own sales staff. Like Lee Valley,
Rockler knows what it takes to make a sale and to keep you coming back
by providing excellent customer service. Hopefully, you will be able to
deal with Rockler for any service issues.

Bob S.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"BobS" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
[...]

From the sounds of the other posts, Laguana has not changed and I really
doubt Rockler will influence their corporate persona or make their
customer service any better. Yes, I do think Rockler will sell more
Laguana tools than Laguana's own sales staff. Like Lee Valley, Rockler
knows what it takes to make a sale and to keep you coming back by
providing excellent customer service. Hopefully, you will be able to deal
with Rockler for any service issues.

Bob S.

Strangly enough, through my 3~4 month buying process, Laguna did not leave
me with that impression. They did not call me unless I wanted them to do so
and they quoted me a sale price that was good untill I could see the saw at
the coming show 2 months later. If the show price was less they would
match. The show price was no where near the quoted price.
I will say however the show sales guys were some what arrogant.
The Minimax guys were a three ring circus. They were showing broken band
saws and how strongly built they were. Not one was set up to do an actual
demonstration. Minimax being based in Austin TX, close to Houston, I made
an appointment to see a particular saw, called the day before to confirm and
went to take a look. All they had to show was another broken saw..... I
bought the Laguna. It was missing a ceramic guide and they promptly sent me
a new one although the saw worked just fine with out the lower thruss guide.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
On Jan 13, 5:01 am, "Leon" wrote:
Not that Rockler does not have it's share of quality products but they
will
soon begin selling Laguna products. We won't have to wait for a trade show
or go to California to see the Laguna products. We can add Rockler to the
list of options.

Laguna tools are really nice but their sales force should go back to
selling used cars and penny stocks where they used to work. Maybe
buying them via Rockler and paying their markup will actually be worth
it.

(Read... not much respect for either)

I that was not my experience when dealing dirrect.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wouldn't kick ... nearly ANY of their tools out of my shop.

I might be convinced to do some unspeakable things for one of their
Bandsaws

I watched just today, a guys report on one of their dust collectors and
it was anything but good. Seems they have a QC issue, at least on their
DC.

http://lumberjocks.com/MartyBacke/blog/20201

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Rockler 10% off DGDevin Woodworking 16 February 25th 09 02:36 PM
If you are looking to build a full wardrobe and you have a limitedbudget, consider shopping in used clothing stores. Used clothing stores offera variety of clothing at affordable prices. You can shop for used clothing inphysical stores or online. [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 26th 08 12:19 AM
Woodwerks / Rockler stores combining in columbus Rick Cox Woodworking 4 April 7th 05 02:26 PM
looking for stores steve Woodworking 1 December 12th 04 07:32 PM
Rockler Ron Woodworking 7 January 18th 04 11:35 PM