Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default Woah there, Top quality in Rockler stores!

On Jan 13, 11:48*am, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
On Jan 13, 5:01*am, "Leon" wrote:

Not that Rockler does not have it's share of quality products but they will
soon begin selling Laguna products. *We won't have to wait for a trade show
or go to California to see the Laguna products. *We can add Rockler to the
list of options.

Laguna tools are really nice but their sales force should go back to
selling used cars and penny stocks where they used to work. Maybe
buying them via Rockler and paying their markup will actually be worth
it.

(Read... not much respect for either)

That IS the conventional wisdom -- great products, **** for customer
service.

No first-hand experience to know that it's true, but ... heard lots of
similar stories.

BUT ... I heard another one, yesterday, that could ONLY mean that
Laguna HAS been monitoring a few of the WW sites.

They reached out to a guy who had a REALLY crappy example of a dust
collector. He lives not too far from their HQ. They were going to
truck him a NEW one, FULLY ASSEMBLED, take the old one back, and ...
in theory ... incorporate the improvements that HE suggested, into
their products.

Time will tell.

If Rockler genuinely takes on -- and CAN improve -- the CS side, this
might be a huge win for all concerned.

Wouldn't kick ... nearly ANY of their tools out of my shop.