Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Opinions Welcome: Ridgid Factory-Reconditioned 3/8 HP OscillatingEdge Belt/Spindle Sander

Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article 2a6e90dc-56a3-4818-a0e7-6193a0c888f6
@c2g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, says...

Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html

Can't comment on the reconditioned part, but the tool itself is very
nice. I've seldom had to put the spindle on it, the oscillating belt
works for just about everything that I've needed to sand.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/20/2010 5:12 PM, Kimosabe wrote:
Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html

Don't know about the reconditioning aspect, but I have that sander and it works
great for what it does. Plenty of power, and the dust collection feature does
a good job.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 20, 6:12*pm, Kimosabe wrote:
Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. *If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html

I have had one in service for close to 3 years and it gets lots of
hard use with trimming solid surface strips etc.

The 'reconditioned' part is often part of a work-around to anti-
dumping legislation. The unit is likely brand new.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
Kimosabe wrote:

Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html

I bought this new a few years ago at the local Borg for under 100
Canuckbux.

It sees regular use, but I wouldn't have dropped $170 on it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Kimosabe" wrote in message
Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html

As for reconditioned tools, been there done that. I would continue to buy
more reconditioned product as needed. Reconditioned is much better due to
the detailed testing on more parts.

A product can be returned for many reasons. Regardless, it is sent back and
completely rebuilt with new and tested parts, then finally tested as a
whole. Reconditioned products have better quality control than assembly line
product. Many recons last longer than non-recons.

IMO, being this is a reliable tool in general, then adding the recon status,
I say go for it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:01:28 -0800, Robatoy wrote:

The 'reconditioned' part is often part of a work-around to anti- dumping
legislation. The unit is likely brand new.

And if not:

I once had a factory rep for a major tool manufacturer tell me he's
rather buy reconditioned. According to him, the repair techs often don't
know what's wrong with the returned unit so they go through it very
carefully. A much more thorough inspection than is done on the assembly
line for new units.

And no, he wasn't trying to sell me anything - we were just talking.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/20/2010 3:12 PM, Kimosabe wrote:
Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html

I have one and it is very useful.

It lists for $199 at Home Depot (not 239 like CPO claims).

I bought mine new last year on sale for $119 (I think it was but I
am not sure and I cannot verify the price right now).

Dan

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dan Coby" wrote in message
news
On 12/20/2010 3:12 PM, Kimosabe wrote:
Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html

I have one and it is very useful.

It lists for $199 at Home Depot (not 239 like CPO claims).

When I bought mine, it did list for $239. It was a different color than the
orange. Maybe came from a different part of China.

It is not as good as some of the more expensive single purpose spindle
sanders or belt sander, but for my needs, it does a good job at reasonable
cost. I'd buy it again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 20, 6:12*pm, Kimosabe wrote:
Ridgid is selling factory reconditioned sanders for $170 and only $7
shipping. *If I'm ever going to buy one, I don't think I'll come up
with a better deal than this.

Any opinions about factory reconditioned stuff and/or this sander in
particular?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/zreb4424.html

I'm not sure that the price of $170US is all that great a deal/
bargain. If you can call a local HD and ask what the retail price is,
do that before you jump in it.

I bought one of their (13"?) planers years ago for $199US and it is
working for me still. no issues.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 23, 2:10*pm, Hoosierpopi wrote:

I'm not sure that the price of $170US is all that great a deal/
bargain. If you can call a local HD and ask what the retail price is,
do that before you jump in it.

Thanks for the advice. HD wants $199 plus $17 shipping. They say
they're marking it down from $249. With the difference in shipping,
the original offer saves about $40. I think I'll go with that
considering all the positive comments about reconditioned stuff.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Thanx to all.