Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Our Christmas present

wrote

AHA! A clue....

I am back at my own computer now, and there is no disk icon to save.

However, Sr. Jaques, I tried saving with the browser, **and it didn't
fail**, it worked perfectly.
Like I said, that trick hasn't worked in years, but in a moment of
desperation I tried it after reading your post.

Hell.... I got nothin'.

I'm starting to get the idea that you just MUST have a FM type computer.

You know- - f_ckin' magic! ! !

Jim in NC
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 01:55:52 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Dec 21, 5:07*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

It saved OK for me, Naily. Did you click on the little disk icon in
the Acrobat Reader window, or try to save with the browser? *The
browser will fail every time, I think. *BTDT, got the tee.

AHA! A clue....

I am back at my own computer now, and there is no disk icon to save.

However, Sr. Jaques, I tried saving with the browser, **and it didn't
fail**, it worked perfectly.

Personally, I have never had the browser work like that. But (using
Firefox) I clicked on *file* then *save page as* and it worked like a
champ.

Interesting. I use Firefox, too, and savint the file from there has
never worked. But, since Adobe provides the internal controls when
you open their add-on in the Firefox window, I can use the little icon
to save them. It's odd that you have the exact opposite experience.

Like I said, that trick hasn't worked in years, but in a moment of
desperation I tried it after reading your post.

The hell of it all is that I keep Adobe updated as I have had problems
in the past with it when I didn't. Some of my more professional
friends send me pdfs with all kinds of embeds, and without the newest
version of the reader you can't always read or open the files.

Yeah, isn't that hell? Everyone keeps updating and you can't just use
an older copy. 'Lebenty seven differnt progs have to be updated
constantly just to keep up. To website owners, I recommend using a
couple versions older copies so everyone might be able to use the site
without having to upgrade their software.

Hell.... I got nothin'.

So solly! Every once in awhile, I douche Adobe Reader and redownload
for its non-compliance that day. Bits go haywire. I suggest trying
that; remove and reinstall from a fresh copy.

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Adobe changed their stuff "again" and the little diskette disappeared a
while back. Depending on your release of Adobe, it might be there and
then again, maybe not.

I get a "update" from Adobe about once a month and it is becoming "very"
annoying. I'm up to about Version 9.4.1, which no longer has the
diskette but does have a "save file as" under the "file" options.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
Nice good luck on the move.
I hope you can enjoy Christmas with family.

On 12/19/2010 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:
Wellllllll the time has finally come. Kim and I will be doing the final
walk through tomorrow, close on Tuesday, and start the move. Hopefullay
we
will not have much left to move by the following Monday. We are renting
lift gate truck for the shop machinery and the big stuff.

A couple of out side pictures,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0134/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0134/lightbox/

Been reeeeeeeel busy, sorry for the late Thank you!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 22, 2:29*pm, Pat Barber wrote:

I get a "update" from Adobe about once a month and it is becoming "very"
annoying. I'm up to about Version 9.4.1, which no longer has the
diskette but does have a "save file as" under the "file" options.

Ditto on the annoying! My version is the most up to date as I get
ticked off a the nag screens and just do it since I know I will have
to sooner or later.

The other computer with the diskette has an older version.

I guess it was too intuitive, too easy to use so they "upgraded" the
program.

Robert