Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly G0513X2 Bandsaw experiences?

I'm considering upgrading my bandsaw to the Grizzly G0513X2,
which got excellent reviews recently. (I currently have a blue Jet 14", upgradd with
Iturra guides and spring). I mostly want to be ble to thinly slice nicely figured wood,
and the Jet can do this, but it's a hassle and often gives me unacceptable results.

If you have one, have used one, or have investigated them, I'd appreciate your input.

-- Andy Barss

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message
I'm considering upgrading my bandsaw to the Grizzly G0513X2,
which got excellent reviews recently. (I currently have a blue Jet 14",
upgradd with
Iturra guides and spring). I mostly want to be ble to thinly slice nicely
figured wood,
and the Jet can do this, but it's a hassle and often gives me unacceptable
results.

If you have one, have used one, or have investigated them, I'd appreciate
your input.

-- Andy Barss

I was in that situation 4 years ago when the Rikon was getting rave reviews.
I ended up with a Laguna to really take a noticeable step in the right
direction. The Rikon was about par with my old Craftsman which I was
replacing.
IMHO if you want cabinet saw quality and power you have to be prepaired to
spend the money otherwise you are going to continue to have to fiddle with,
adjust, etc on an ongoing basis.

Which 3hp bandsaw to buy? Grizzly/Jet? Toller Woodworking 35 July 30th 07 02:51 PM
Experiences with Mini Max S45 Bandsaw? Marty Escarcega Woodworking 0 March 26th 07 06:11 PM
grizzly bandsaw srazor Woodworking 5 September 8th 06 03:32 PM
New Grizzly 21" Bandsaw Larry Barnes Woodworking 3 January 27th 05 02:16 AM
New Grizzly Bandsaw [email protected] Woodworking 3 January 21st 05 02:33 PM